The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

2008 Kent Students

Scroll to see replies

My 'new' (beta) student portal just updated with my timetable. The same not-quite-right one from the old student portal still though :frown:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
I've actually emailed Hospitality to try and get moved. It's not that I don't like the French, it's just that I'd feel so left out if everyone was speaking French and I wouldn't be able to join in on the conversation

I think you have a reasonable concern there though tbh

It will be the second time you've changed accommodation though won't it?
Kim08
My 'new' (beta) student portal just updated with my timetable. The same not-quite-right one from the old student portal still though :frown:

Ah! Mine too! but mine doesn't show my chosen modules.. Should I be worried? I'm not sure if my module selections can be taken together.
Hypermicrospace
I think you have a reasonable concern there though tbh

It will be the second time you've changed accommodation though won't it?

Technically yes, but I had no choice the first time, they moved me because they made a mistake.
GodspeedGehenna
:pierre:

I'm glad you all find it amusing. :P

I've actually emailed Hospitality to try and get moved. It's not that I don't like the French, it's just that I'd feel so left out if everyone was speaking French and I wouldn't be able to join in on the conversation :frown: Apparently all of the French internationals have been put into the same court as me.

I'm forever going to be branded as "The racist" by hospitalities.

Aww, bless you! I think that's well rep worthy, lol. :yep: Hehe.
GodspeedGehenna
Technically yes, but I had no choice the first time, they moved me because they made a mistake.

Ah I see.
Good luck then :smile:
:s: I don't sound like a racist do I?!

I mean I wouldn't mind living with loads of different nationalities, it's just when they're all the same nationality, I'm gunna feel left out because I will be the only one who doesn't speak the language.. Does that make sense? :s:

:frown:
GodspeedGehenna
:s: I don't sound like a racist do I?!

I mean I wouldn't mind living with loads of different nationalities, it's just when they're all the same nationality, I'm gunna feel left out because I will be the only one who doesn't speak the language.. Does that make sense? :s:

:frown:

Of course it makes sense, stop worrying about it and just ask to move :p: ...if you explain it like you just did, the accommodation people aren't going to think you're a racist! :rolleyes:

The sooner the better anyway because there will other's wanting to change places as well. Go for it :smile:
Reply 3268
GodspeedGehenna
:pierre:

I'm glad you all find it amusing. :P

I've actually emailed Hospitality to try and get moved. It's not that I don't like the French, it's just that I'd feel so left out if everyone was speaking French and I wouldn't be able to join in on the conversation :frown: Apparently all of the French internationals have been put into the same court as me.

I'm forever going to be branded as "The racist" by hospitalities.

Hehe, they'll see you as some bigoted Daily Express reading UKIP supporter who they imagine spends his evenings grumbling how 'England should be for the English' and about his distaste for 'the frogs'! Or, worse, they could view as some kind of deranged young Jeremy Clarkson who doesn't like being in a house with them in case they all initiate a mass surrendering when the Russians invade. :wink:

Seriously though, it's not bigoted (the French aren't a race of people) to worry about feeling isolated by living in a house where you're the sole English speaker. It's no different to feeling exluded in any other way, for example as a result of the tastes or interests of a group of people, though I suppose that wouldn't distance you from them in the way that not speaking their language would.
Reply 3269
Hey everyone, just ordered an NUS extra card for this year. I think someone else here has.

During the preview before buying, was the card a bluish colour?
There's nothing wrong with being a young Jeremy Clarkson! :yep: lol
Reply 3271
Yep, there's something very wrong with being an idiotic, senseless right-wing halfwit like him (I don't mean to say that Gehenna possess these qualities, I'm just traducing the dick that is Jeremy Clarkson, whose fanbase is made up entirely of idiotic, unthinking, reactionary right-wing clowns who venerate the Sun newspaper and columnists like Richard Littlejohn).
Meh, he makes me laugh. Don't need much more in life.

(And I can't stand The Sun)
The Sun rocks. Boobs, funny stories, awful puns and full blown hysteria all together in one paper. Wonderful rag.
Reply 3274
Pppft, I read the times.
Sometimes read the daily mail for a laugh
Reply 3276
GeneralMullet, how can a supposedly intelligent person read a paper purely to gawp at women's breasts? *Sigh* How crude.
I'm quite partial to a nice pair of breasties.
Reply 3278
You sound like the archetypical hoorah Henry, in my opinion.
Em_maK
Pppft, I read the times.

My parents get the Times (and thus, I read it).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending