The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

2008 Kent Students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4300
I'll probs see you there later. Need to have something to eat first.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Missy67
Well, at least you're getting your money's worth.

I guess, I'm gonna be absolutely knackered though :woo:

I'm going to ze Ball, gonna be amazing, I'm wearing socks with my dress 8)
Reply 4302
There are loads of randomers in my kitchen listening to music through crappy speakers and they're about to start playing drinking games, so I can't cook anything. :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 4303
I'm not actually ready yet :woo:

I wonder what people are wearing at woody's....don't wanna look over/under dressed
Reply 4304
It's not the ball, I'm sure people will be wearing what they'd normally wear.
*tempted to file noise complaint as room reverberates*
Reply 4306
I'd invest in either a paintball gun or ear muffs if I were you :wink:

You can always come over here if it gets too much--I'm on the top floor so I can barely hear a thing (apart from the odd 'I LOVE YOU!'s at 5am, but even those are rare)
Went to the freshers ball and alternative ball. Alternative wasn't really that great, it was basically some heavy metal band. And Freshers was a bit dull too really. Though at least they played some Nirvana in the Marquee. Met some nice people i expect i'll never see again however.
Reply 4308
I can't sleep as my housemates are still making loads of noise.... :frown: :frown:
Missy67
I can't sleep as my housemates are still making loads of noise.... :frown: :frown:

yeh same. Everyone i 'hang around' with live a few doors up so i can't really tell these people to shut up nor can i join in.
Reply 4310
They seem to have gone outside for now... but if they come back and carry on I'm gonna call campus watch.
Missy67
They seem to have gone outside for now... but if they come back and carry on I'm gonna call campus watch.

for future reference, what's the number for campus watch?

I have 5 hours a week of lectures. No seminars are on there and there seems to be know reference of Criminology. Anyone know why this may be or who i can find on campus to ask?
Reply 4312
http://www.kent.ac.uk/estates/campus-watch/index.html

01227 82 3300

Or 01227 82 3333 for emergencies.
Reply 4313
Tbh I wouldn't call CW unless its really bad, or I felt scared...but thats just me.

Gonna be up all night I think...housemate of mine is very drunk and needs looking after.

She is the sweetest thing tho...very apologetic, doesn't want to be a burden etc etc. Aw :smile: I don't mind.
Em_maK
Tbh I wouldn't call CW unless its really bad, or I felt scared...but thats just me.

Gonna be up all night I think...housemate of mine is very drunk and needs looking after.

She is the sweetest thing tho...very apologetic, doesn't want to be a burden etc etc. Aw :smile: I don't mind.

do you have a lecture on monday for sociology?
Reply 4315
the wolf at door
do you have a lecture on monday for sociology?

:yep: At 3pm.
Em_maK
:yep: At 3pm.

i guess i'll see you there then :rolleyes:

Have you met anyone else doing it?
Reply 4317
the wolf at door
i guess i'll see you there then :rolleyes:

Have you met anyone else doing it?

why the :rolleyes: ?

Have some people on fb but not actually met in person/talked much.
Reply 4318
See, to me, the rolly-eyes face looks like someone pretending to look innocent when they quite clearly are not :biggrin: yet I use it for both purposes.

Damn smileys with their mixed signals...

:rolleyes:

PS: I didn't sleep tonight. Dan was over. (I'm not great at sharing a single bed with people.) And I spent most of the night coughing and crying. I now have a temperature the Equator would be proud of (LOL not that bad obv.), feel so exhausted I could cry and collapse (pref. at the same time so I don't have to deal with my emotions) and have an irregular hatred for the man sleeping peacefully in my bed.

I fear this will be a regular occurance.
Mahou
I'd invest in either a paintball gun or ear muffs if I were you :wink:

You can always come over here if it gets too much--I'm on the top floor so I can barely hear a thing (apart from the odd 'I LOVE YOU!'s at 5am, but even those are rare)

Lol! at about 2am I did actually say to John..."Do you think Laura's still awake? I wonder how much floor space she has?" :p:

In my room pretty much everything shook with the sound of the music. The volume of the music in my room was louder than I would ever play my own music and drowned out the sound of the film we were attempting to watch too :frown: I can only wonder how on earth it didn't burst any ear drums down in the tent. I find it most irritating however because I specifically requested a room that would be reasonably quiet, yet it appears that not only am I in the noisiest accommodation, I am also in the noisiest part of the noisiest accommodation (after having a look round) :mad:

...and Kat I'm currently feeling terrible too hence the 8:36am time stamp.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending