The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

2008 Kent Students

Scroll to see replies

Well, I'm heading off to the trainstation now, so I'll be back on campus in 5 hours :eek:

If anyone want's to come, give me a text!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 5221
I can get to the train station by the uni in under five minutes :beard:
I'm not coming back til tomorrow morning, but wish her a happy birthday from me :smile:
Reply 5223
GodspeedGehenna
If anyone want's to come, give me a text!

I don't have your number :eek: I'll just show up at woody's if I'm coming, I guess.
Missy67
I don't have your number :eek: I'll just show up at woody's if I'm coming, I guess.

Text me or post on here if you're going. I might be at woody's but not necessarily on time so I can read any messages before I go and I will then text Pete for you.
Reply 5225
sorry for the silly question but does anyone know whether it is possible to used scotland pound notes in england? :biggrin:
Reply 5226
most places will accept them.
spitz
sorry for the silly question but does anyone know whether it is possible to used scotland pound notes in england? :biggrin:

Not normally. Due to the English inability to tell the difference between real notes and fakes. You could try but I never had much luck.
Death_To_The_Government
Not normally. Due to the English inability to tell the difference between real notes and fakes. You could try but I never had much luck.

More I think to do with the high number of fake Scottish notes... Why does Scotland need their own currency anyway :p:
Reply 5229
Where I used to work took them. I've seen them being used in other shops- most sales/cashiers will have to call a manager, but other than that I think they are ok.
Em_maK
Where I used to work took them. I've seen them being used in other shops- most sales/cashiers will have to call a manager, but other than that I think they are ok.

It could differ from place to place for example I knew of no where in Sussex that would accept them. :confused:
The best thing to do make sure you have enough English notes incase the Scottish ones aren't accepted.
Reply 5231
kiss_me_now9
More I think to do with the high number of fake Scottish notes... Why does Scotland need their own currency anyway :p:

lol very well said. i agree :yep:
thanks for the reply guys :smile:
Reply 5232
kram322
i'll come out if i feel well enough and if I survive the roast dinner.

I think they close about 11 tonight been sunday n all

:mad:
Reply 5233
Grrr, I slept too late in the day today and now I can't sleep. And have SUCH a busy day tomorrow... booooo...
Aww...I read all day yesterday for today, and then got up for a 9am seminar, only to find that it'd been cancelled :frown:
I should have an email about it too, but I don't :frown:

I'm going back to bed...*is still ill*
Reply 5235
I'm ill too, hon, I know how you feel. *hugs and gives you soup* I thought the throwing up had stopped... turns out I was quite wrong. Though that could be because I was coughing so much. Am sick of the metallic taste I keep having in the back of my throat, am sick of feeling exhausted, am sick of being too scared to eat a damned thing, am sick of being sick!! :rolleyes: <--- at myself. I'm an angst machine this Monday morning. :wink:

And I know that if I stop joking about it, I may just cry.

Grrr. I just want someone to look after me. I feel like a complete child today; vulnerable and just wanting someone to hold my hand as I'm being sick, stroke my hair, talk to me to distract me from the pains in my chest from this damned cough!!

So next time I'm healthy and you're ill, guys, just let me know and I'll come take care of you. Because if you're even slightly like me, you'll want someone to look after you when you're on your own.
I feel wonderful this morning..

(lies)
Reply 5237
I'm late, I'm late, [well not ready when I want to be] :woo:
Reply 5238
GodspeedGehenna
I feel wonderful this morning..

(lies)

:rolleyes:

Only kidding. Was great to finally be in your house yesterday! *hug to both of you*

Em_maK
I'm late, I'm late, [well not ready when I want to be] :woo:

Make sure you've had breakfast!
spitz

I think you'll find, pal, that it's legal tender!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending