I just firmed Kent :biggrin:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Okay, I just applied for accomodation :biggrin: Thanks for that :smile:
Reply 42
Hey, sorry to but in..

does anybody know how exactly the accomodation is allocated?
i.e. do they start allocating now, as soon as your form is submitted... coz if so i better get started on it... i wantd to wait til iv seen the uni...
I would assume its first come first serve. The hospitality system seems to allow you to apply despite not firming Kent - that's what I did; so you can apply for accomodation even if you're not sure.
They start allocating accomodation in August I think. But probably first come first served anyway.
Reply 45
Ok thanks for the reply, open days only next week, i just wanna check out the accom...
:smile: I just firmed kent today. Also been filling in finance forms and sorting out accommadation.
I wonder what happens in august if the accommadtion you applied for is taken :confused:
*thrown into rutherford*
Reply 47
Thrown into Rutherford, indeed.
Hi =]
I firmed Kent last night. I'm doing Social Anthropology with a year in Japan and need to get BC/280 points, which shouldnt be too bad =D
I applied for accomm at Tyler B&C/Parkwood.. but it looks like everyone has!
Oooh and you were talking about Ghibli films.. I like them too!! Kikis delivery Service, Howls Moving Castle and Spirited Away are my faves =] Got Earthsea the other day but not too keen on it..
xx
I'd love to do a year in Japan, I've always wanted to go! Not that I'm jealous or anything :p:

I watched Tales from Earthsea last night with my girlfriend, I really liked it. Ghibli films are always so nice to look at and have great soundtracks!
Hehe.. I went before and LOOOVEED it so HAD to firm Kent. One of the only unis in the country that does trips to Japan! Hehe, swap courses when you get there to a trip abroad course! =P
Ahh! Im so excited for Kent now! Im gunna go down to Canterbury soon to look round the town, didnt get a chance on the open day and drive through the campus so my family can see it. Its so nice there! And right near the sea =]
xx
I live about 200 miles away from Kent, and I've only had one opportunity to see the campus and the town, and of course, that day it HAMMERED it down with rain. I didn't really get to see very much.

Typical :p:
Reply 52
anybody know if there's any fishing activity at the sea?
Kim08
I've got mine doneish (may need a few tweaks) so I'm going to send it off tomorrow. Fingers crossed that I get it :smile:
Good luck for yours!

I think I've just finished my 2nd draft :biggrin:

Might get my psych teacher to read over it tomorrow for me!
pinksparkles2
Hi =]
I firmed Kent last night. I'm doing Social Anthropology with a year in Japan and need to get BC/280 points, which shouldnt be too bad =D

:bawling: *Goes green with envy...*
God.. I was going to apply for a scholarship but just completley forgot about it. You say its due in for the 14th?! Do you think its at all possible to get one done in two nights. Its not a very difficult essay to write.. and when I went to the UCAS day and people were asked to raise their hand if their applying for a scholarship only 3 people raised their hand out of about 300.
So might have a chance even if the essay is crap? lol
xx
pinksparkles2
God.. I was going to apply for a scholarship but just completley forgot about it. You say its due in for the 14th?! Do you think its at all possible to get one done in two nights. Its not a very difficult essay to write.. and when I went to the UCAS day and people were asked to raise their hand if their applying for a scholarship only 3 people raised their hand out of about 300.
So might have a chance even if the essay is crap? lol
xx

I pretty much started mine over from scratch today, so sure it's possible..

Not many people seem to know about scholarships, let alone apply for them, so its worth a shot :biggrin:
Woo!
Before I considered it its not that I didnt know about them but just that I never thought I would be clever enough for one. I always thought they were for like AMAZING students who play 8 insturments, are in 6 sports teams and got 5 As at A level.
And its just a 1000 word essay..
xx
Go for it :biggrin:

Good luck!
Even if I wanted to apply for a scholarship I'm pretty much screwed.
As I'm studying Classical Civ I need to send in a marked essay in order to obtain a scholarship.
Unfortunately I'm an external student and my A Levels are 100% exam based, so I don't have ANY marked essays!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending