The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

2008 Kent Students

Scroll to see replies

jermaindefoe
same as always cheers, im kind of hating uni atm tho, especially with the exams coming up :cry: other than that all is good, what happened to katkit, did she quit?

Yeah I'm swamped in revision for exams and assignments :s:

Katkit doesn't really use TSR anymore. She made IRL friends and left us :p: Although I have seen her post occasionally on other Kent related threads.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Saruken
Faustus...I've been for the last 2 weeks!! Who are you? What do you look like? Maybe I'll see you Monday.

:eek: That's scandalous! I know who you are though now, I put all the pieces together :biggrin: And you most certainly will be seeing me on Monday, I love Classics & Archaeology!
Presentation over...went ok I think =)

Now for German test at 2pm...=(
Faustus Fotherby
:eek: That's scandalous! I know who you are though now, I put all the pieces together :biggrin: And you most certainly will be seeing me on Monday, I love Classics & Archaeology!

You know me now, do ya? :biggrin:
I went with my mate Becky(Hypermicrospace)last week. She's studying psychology but still managed to beat me on the archaeology quiz, even though I'm the classics student! :o:
Make sure to say hi to Becky if she comes on monday, and you should be greeted with the phrase "Hi, I'm from the internet."
Arg! I accidentally forgot to top up my current account and it went into the Reserve amount and Barclays have charged me £22.. ffs I didn't even ASK for a reserve amount to be put on my account.

I think I'm gunna take all of my savings out of barclays and put it into Natwest. Bastards. I doubt I'll ever see that money again.
GodspeedGehenna
Arg! I accidentally forgot to top up my current account and it went into the Reserve amount and Barclays have charged me £22.. ffs I didn't even ASK for a reserve amount to be put on my account.

I think I'm gunna take all of my savings out of barclays and put it into Natwest. Bastards. I doubt I'll ever see that money again.

I have a Viz suscription and I didn't have enough money in the account that I use for direct debit and Halifax charged me £35. I phoned them and as it was my first time they wrote it off.
When I got my current account there was an overdraft of £300 on it, which I removed asap. I mainly do internet banking now, it's so much easier to transfer money from ISAs etc and remove reserves from accounts.
Reply 8266
how are you guys not into your overdrafts....do you not need money to...idk...LIVE? :lolwut:

and I get £150 per month from rents...I am so bad with money lmao.
I'm into my overdraft =( But only because of the deposit on the house for next year. I get a bursary soon as well, so I'm okay. I just hate being even temporarily in my overdraft =(
Em_maK
how are you guys not into your overdrafts....do you not need money to...idk...LIVE? :lolwut:

and I get £150 per month from rents...I am so bad with money lmao.

Savings, sold my car etc. Should have enough to cover my undergrad and maybe a year of postgrad, providing I can work during the summer. :yep:
My loan and grant usually cover my expenses nicely =)
Kim08
My loan and grant usually cover my expenses nicely =)

I got the lowest loan and no grants :frown: I generally don't accept money off my parents either, unless I need to buy like textbooks or whatever.

Wish I did though!
Reply 8271
How much money did everyone have when they started uni? I only had about £800 which went pretty quick :frown:

You all must have low out goings lol, I just don't know where my money goes...
GodspeedGehenna
Hey, good to hear from ya :biggrin:

Yep, my transfer is all sorted :smile: I've had an offer to start study in the second year, as has my girlfriend. I have to gain 60% in my first year to be accepted, so no worries there. Thank you for asking!

How are you finding life down here in Canterbury?

Is Rosie moving to Londres with you?

Bloody turncoats :p:
kiss_me_now9
Is Rosie moving to Londres with you?

Bloody turncoats :p:

:yep:
Saruken
... Make sure to say hi to Becky if she comes on monday, and you should be greeted with the phrase "Hi, I'm from the internet."

This phrase, I understand, is the correct form of address in these circumstances? :p:
Saruken
You know me now, do ya? :biggrin:
I went with my mate Becky(Hypermicrospace)last week. She's studying psychology but still managed to beat me on the archaeology quiz, even though I'm the classics student! :o:
Make sure to say hi to Becky if she comes on monday, and you should be greeted with the phrase "Hi, I'm from the internet."

It's a tried and tested phrase, I haven't actually used it since saying hi to Truered though because I thought I'd really freaked him out...turned out not to be the case so I shall start using that as my greeting again.
Reply 8276
I've always wanted to use it :ninja:
I Am Tired!!! (It edited out my caps! Bleh to that!)
Page 420, LETS GET BLAZED!!
Blazed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending