The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

2008 Kent Students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9300
I think we're on this: http://www.demon.net/demon/products/internetaccess/broadband/home2plus

Whereas this is similarly priced: https://www.bethere.co.uk/web/beportal/beunlimited
Though the 3 month contract version is a bit more expensive.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
You're paying almost £20/month!? I'm on O2, and paying £7.50/month because I'm a customer; but I think it's only £12.50 if you're not. You guys are getting buzzkilled!
Cowberg
You're paying almost £20/month!? I'm on O2, and paying £7.50/month because I'm a customer; but I think it's only £12.50 if you're not. You guys are getting buzzkilled!

It's part of our rent
Hypermicrospace
It's part of our rent

BURN IT DOWN!!

Actually, that ain't too bad. Actually, you're probably paying less than me.

BURN YOURSELF DOWN!!
Reply 9304
:headfire:
Reply 9305
Anyone know if you have to fill in the council tax exemption form or if your already exempt been students and living in student accommodation?

tis on the canterbury website http://www.canterbury.gov.uk/faq/questions/393/
College starts in two weeks time! Scary ****. Wish I was coming back to UKC with you guys :frown:
kram322
Anyone know if you have to fill in the council tax exemption form or if your already exempt been students and living in student accommodation?

tis on the canterbury website http://www.canterbury.gov.uk/faq/questions/393/

The Uni lets the council know who is at Uni and so they exempt us from it. However, our landlord said to fill out one anyway, as on a few occasions there's been a few problems. So your choice i guess. The Uni lets the council know so i didn't bother.
Are anyones seminars on their timetable yet?? I have lectures but that's all.
the wolf at door

I think seminars get sorted out a little later
the wolf at door

I do Psychology and my seminars are on my timetable now - but they don't start until week 3, so it might be worth checking a few weeks into the timetable if you see what I mean.

Dunno if it's the same for every subject though!
Reply 9311
:stomp:

Just checked my timetable:

SP539 Psychology of Criminal Justice LECTURE
10:00 11:00 KLT1
SP612 Attitudes and Social Cognition LECTURE 11:00 13:00
KLT4 A
Tuesday
SP633
Applying Psychology LECTURE 15:00 17:00 MarLT1

Last time I looked I had one lecture Monday, two on Tuesday with a break. Yay three hours of lectures in a row on a Monday morning :emo: Seminars and other crap not up yet.

Hopefully this year I might actually avoid early starts on Wednesday's/Friday's so I can actually go to my societies without thinking **** I have to be up here for 9 tomorrow :mad:
Reply 9312
Also why are half of my lectures in KLT4, which doesn't seem to exist anywhere on room locations? I'm certain I've been there before, but no one seems to remember where it actually is.

And it has a capacity of 80. Let's hope it wasn't a popular course (over 200 people in my year) :ahee:
Truered
Also why are half of my lectures in KLT4, which doesn't seem to exist anywhere on room locations? I'm certain I've been there before, but no one seems to remember where it actually is.

And it has a capacity of 80. Let's hope it wasn't a popular course (over 200 people in my year) :ahee:

KLT4 is the one down the corridor on the ground floor by the stairs I think? Like, when you go into Keynes, there's the stairs up to KLT1, and then slightly to the right there's a corridor straight ahead (next to the toilets I think?)

If that makes sense. >.<
Wow! Kent thread knocked to the second page!

Anyway, I'm just posting because I've got the details of my first hospital placement! :biggrin:

I'm in A&E for day one, theatre for day two and orthopaedics for day three! Can't wait!

:pierre:
GodspeedGehenna
Wow! Kent thread knocked to the second page!

Anyway, I'm just posting because I've got the details of my first hospital placement! :biggrin:

I'm in A&E for day one, theatre for day two and orthopaedics for day three! Can't wait!

:pierre:

Awesome! Is A+E on a saturday night? :p: Well on your way to a doctor then kid :yep: Just don't piss the nurses/HCAs off :p:

How's your toe? :biggrin:

I also have news, I start college on Monday and I have a trial shift for a new job (bar work) tonight!
I'm on TSR from the UKC library! OH YES HOW COOL AM I?! :biggrin:

*Ahem* There is justification for this, I've moved back into Canterbury now and my house doesn't get it's internet sorted out till Wednesday... this is of course far too long to wait cos I'm dying of boredom in the house and absolutely gagging for human contact. Plus I just had to check Facebook and TSR like the modern age conformist that I am, to counter this conformism I'm going to play nerdy computer games on the library's wireless connection.

Oooh Faustus you big rebel you! :devil:
Faustus Fotherby
I'm on TSR from the UKC library! OH YES HOW COOL AM I?! :biggrin:

*Ahem* There is justification for this, I've moved back into Canterbury now and my house doesn't get it's internet sorted out till Wednesday... this is of course far too long to wait cos I'm dying of boredom in the house and absolutely gagging for human contact. Plus I just had to check Facebook and TSR like the modern age conformist that I am, to counter this conformism I'm going to play nerdy computer games on the library's wireless connection.

Oooh Faustus you big rebel you!

lol where are you sitting i am in here to :teeth:
jermaindefoe
lol where are you sitting i am in here to :teeth:

Oh ehm gee, TSR meet up gogogogogogo, I'm in the café in a black hoody drinking a can of Coke. :p: PLEASE SAVE ME I'M SO BORED

EDIT: Scrap that I'm stalking my way systematically through every floor, unless you check TSR obsessively then by the time you read this you are aleady too late..... only joking I'm not going anywhere.

EDIT EDIT: It's actually a weird coincidence that I ran a thread last year on here, posting where I was on campus then offering rewards for people that came found me. No one ever claimed them so I ate them myself but now someone is here, right now in this very library. Downside, there're no rewards. :p:
Actually my battery's about to run out on my laptop which I'm going to take as a signal to come find you... mwahahaha. Ready or not here I coooommeeeee! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending