The Student Room Group

I can't study on a weekend?

Hello TSR, my old friend.

So, I'm coming to the end of my first year at University. It's certainly been an interesting ride, but I've realised recently that I am very productive during the week and, as soon as Friday evening hits, I am really unproductive. It's really not ideal, but I find myself doing the same amount of work in half an hour on a Monday than I could do all weekend.

It's probably psychological and warrants a change in mindset, but I don't know what to do about it myself. Any tips?
Reply 1
If you want to try and be more productive on the weekend try putting yourself in a work environment like the library (similar to a weekday). However, your brain might be tired, don't burn yourself out!
Original post by Joshey
If you want to try and be more productive on the weekend try putting yourself in a work environment like the library (similar to a weekday). However, your brain might be tired, don't burn yourself out!

I try to always work in the library so I don't build up stress associations with my room, but it doesn't work. I've even tried implementing various productivity apps on the suggestion of a friend, but to no avail. I just slack an awful lot between Fridays and Sundays, and I know it isn't a very good habit to have,
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by SteamboatMickey
I try to always work library so I don't build up stress associations with my room, but it doesn't work. I've even tried implementing various productivity apps on the suggestion of a friend, but to no avail. I just slack an awful lot between Fridays and Sundays, and I know it isn't a very good habit to have,

If you're dishing out loads of work over the week then there will be no issue doing smaller amounts over the weekend. Your body may be telling you that's it's mentally expent
I went 6-8 hrs weekdays
Then 4 hours on weekend....

Who cares its monday and at least at my uni its peak week....ie dont feel guilty about what you havent done and get done what needs to be done!!!

Best of luck to you, and myself! (LOL)
So, you don't/can't work well on weekends? Don't worry, you're the same as 99% of the working population. Weekends are for relaxing, recharging, having fun, and catching up on stuff so that come Monday you're ready to go again. As long as you're getting the work done during the week then everything is good :-)

Quick Reply

Latest