The Student Room Group

Extenuating Circumstances URGENT!

My University requires 120 credits per year. Also, they require that you have 60 credits minimum to even be able to resit any exams and if you don't then you must do the year again. This can be found in section 28 on this website: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/aqro/students/ug-issues/exam-assess/exam-handbook/name-192379-en.html

You can obtain 60 credits per semester but I was medically ill for one of my exams worth 20 credits during the first semester so I only obtained 40/60 credits. I am worried that I will only obtain 10/60 credits for the second semester. This will leave me at 50 credits. My issue is that the Uni requires 60/120 credits to be able to resit but I only got the chance to attempt 100 so will 50 be sufficient? Also, I am feeling very sick so I may have to fill the extenuating circumstances form for 2 of my exams this semester as well. This will mean that I attempted 60 credits overall and obtained 50 but had extenuating circumstances for the other 60. Do I still fall under the obtaining 60 credits minimum rule or will the Uni make an exception for me to allow me to write all my exams that I have missed during the summer? PLEASE REPLY ASAP.
Once again, no one will know how your uni practically deals with these issues. Only your uni, department and SU will have any clue.

If it is urgent, give your uni a call. Turn up in person and demand someone in the law school deals with it immediately. Don't waste your time dallying around with students at a multitude of different unis, all of whom have no practical knowledge of how your anonymous uni deals with this sort of thing.

Best of luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Notoriety
Once again, no one will know how your uni practically deals with these issues. Only your uni, department and SU will have any clue.

If it is urgent, give your uni a call. Turn up in person and demand someone in the law school deals with it immediately. Don't waste your time dallying around with students at a multitude of different unis, all of whom have no practical knowledge of how your anonymous uni deals with this sort of thing.

Best of luck.

I have emailed my department and many others at my University but none of them reply. However, I have a meeting with my personal tutor on Wednesday so we'll see what happens there.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending