The Student Room Group

Maths - people cheated

Scroll to see replies

don't you have some friends in that class who would let you borrow their revision pack? that seems like the best solution to me- you don't have to snitch AND you'll get a good mark
the fact that you need your parents to sort your issues out makes me pity you

that stopped for me when i was 11 or 12
Original post by MoreThanThis11
So I have 3 maths exam which determine whether I’m in a good set or not to do higher papers or foundation. Some classes are on a group ( My class is on another group) and one of the maths teachers has posted a revision pack on the group - all of the questions for the exams were in the pack. So people have recognised this on the first exam and they’re going through all the questions and making sure they know the answers for paper 2 and 3.
I’m thinking to getting my parents to complain to the school - it’s not very fair because they’ll get 100% and push the grade boundaries higher - meaning people like me who actually revised and tried hard would get low grades and put into foundation
What do u think? I don’t want to snitch but it’s not really fair 🤷*♀️

Is the gender sign really necessary
Original post by MoreThanThis11
I’m on like a level 6 atm ( level 7 if i revise and sometimes 8 on easy exams) so I know that I’m capable of hopefully doing higher which is why I don’t want to ruin my chances if u get what I mean

So.then why are u worried about foundation
Original post by YD17HXM
So.then why are u worried about foundation

Because if I do bad in this test compared to everyone else I’m automatically put through to foundation lol
Original post by Brexit111
Is the gender sign really necessary

I actually used an emoji - idk why it’s come up with the gender sign tbh
Original post by morethanthis11
so i have 3 maths exam which determine whether i’m in a good set or not to do higher papers or foundation. Some classes are on a group ( my class is on another group) and one of the maths teachers has posted a revision pack on the group - all of the questions for the exams were in the pack. So people have recognised this on the first exam and they’re going through all the questions and making sure they know the answers for paper 2 and 3.
I’m thinking to getting my parents to complain to the school - it’s not very fair because they’ll get 100% and push the grade boundaries higher - meaning people like me who actually revised and tried hard would get low grades and put into foundation
what do u think? I don’t want to snitch but it’s not really fair 🤷*♀️

what exam board is this
thanks
Original post by Ray_Shadows
the fact that you need your parents to sort your issues out makes me pity you

that stopped for me when i was 11 or 12

Well tbh the school only take it seriously if the parents ring up - I’ve tried talking to the teachers on my own in the past and they don’t care about what the students say
No need to advertise at what age ur parents stopped sorting ur issues out - its irrelevant lmao
Whilst this isn't exactly as severe as cheating in the real exam as that would affect the entire nation's grade boundaries, I think that a member of staff with a higher authority than this teacher should be contacted about this, as well as your parents. Giving people an unfair advantage is not making them well-prepared for the real exam, which will cause them to likely score lower and this is also an unfair way to group who will do the Foundation papers and who will do the Higher papers.

Also, DO NOT be embarrassed to be a 'snitch' in situations like this. Granted, you may get a slightly worse reputation for it, but at the end of the day I think that any sort of social punishment for doing the right thing would not be severe enough to warrant you having a chance at ****ing up your career, and by extension any other good students negatively affected by this teacher's wrong-doings.
(edited 5 years ago)
Those students who actually completed the revision pack will get higher marks - no surprises there. Doing past papers, as well as questions, is a form of revision - it's just applying your knowledge. It's true it is unfair but not in the way that they are 'cheating' but in the way that the whole year shouold get the same materials... try to get yourself one of those revision packs as well, or go online to do those past paper questions
As said above - It really doesn’t matter. You do what you can, and you’ll be placed in either foundation or higher according to what’s better for you. If they get into higher and can’t handle it, they’re the ones who will fail. Just focus on doing the best you can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending