The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Physics Offer Holder Questions

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have an offer to study physics at Edinburgh with a year abroad (starting in the second year) and I had a few questions I thought you can help me with:

- Whats best en-suite accommodation for a physics student for the first year? (close to physics dept and uni gym, thinking of pollock halls or salisbury court tbh)

- Catered or non Catered?

- Would I better starting in the second year or asking to start in first year?

- What is freshers week like?

- Can 2nd years get accommodation in university halls?

- Where are the countries you can go to on the year abroad?

- Can you choose to do your masters abroad?

Thanks!
Original post by PHInfinity
Hi Guys and Girls,

I have an offer to study physics at Edinburgh with a year abroad (starting in the second year) and I had a few questions I thought you can help me with:

- Whats best en-suite accommodation for a physics student for the first year? (close to physics dept and uni gym, thinking of pollock halls or salisbury court tbh)

- Catered or non Catered?

- Would I better starting in the second year or asking to start in first year?

- What is freshers week like?

- Can 2nd years get accommodation in university halls?

- Where are the countries you can go to on the year abroad?

- Can you choose to do your masters abroad?

Thanks!

1) Anything close to central is fine.

2) Up to you. I'd always choose self-catered because I don't like having prescribed mealtimes or not being able to vary my portion sizes. Not to mention it's cheaper to cook things on your own

3) Second-year is substantially more difficult. Speak to your Personal Tutor when you arrive and he/she can discuss further

4) You need to be more specific with this question I'm afraid

5) No

6) https://www.ed.ac.uk/files/atoms/files/exchange_destinations_web.pdf List subject to change

7) That might be one to ask Admissions or Edinburgh Global at an open day. The next open day is the 8th June I believe, or you can call/drop them an e-mail
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending