The Student Room Group

PayPal Pay with Bank Account option?

So I payed for a purchase using PayPal and I used the pay with bank account option. How is this different to the pay with debit card option? The transaction hasn't showed up on my online banking as a pending transaction either will the money still be taken from my account and not some other account?
Don't worry, the money will still be taken from the bank account you selected for your purchase. The only difference between your bank account and debit card is that money such as from wages or Student Finance gets paid directly into it, but it also goes to your debit card which you use to make direct payments instore and online outside of PayPal. Whereas ongoing subscriptions, direct debit payments and such tend to be paid directly from your bank account. I hope that makes sense.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Unknown-99
So I payed for a purchase using PayPal and I used the pay with bank account option. How is this different to the pay with debit card option? The transaction hasn't showed up on my online banking as a pending transaction either will the money still be taken from my account and not some other account?

No idea what the other user has posted; it makes zero sense.

PayPal "instant bank transfers" take 3-5 working days to come out of your account, by direct debit.
Original post by IWMTom
No idea what the other user has posted; it makes zero sense.

PayPal "instant bank transfers" take 3-5 working days to come out of your account, by direct debit.

It does make sense.

What you said about PayPal is right though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending