The Student Room Group

A-level biology.

What is A-level biology like?
It is very difficult and requires a lot of time and effort. If you are dedicated and committed you will do well.
I've just done bio AS and it was pretty hard. there's a lot of content to cover and it's kinda hard applying the knowledge to the questions dunno if that's just me / edexcel b
Learning Biology for me has always been a joy. I've always loved biology. However, that being said I'm not sure if the exam board hates students or what but its less of straight-forward questions on content and more application and critical thinking. Take from this what you will but it's definitely an experience.
Exam Board: OCR A
(edited 5 years ago)
I do OCR A,it has a lot of content to remember and the mark scheme is very specific and strict.But some of the content is very interesting and some less interesting (plants).
Original post by FutureMissMRCS
I do OCR A,it has a lot of content to remember and the mark scheme is very specific and strict.But some of the content is very interesting and some less interesting (plants).

I know how you feel, what would you say was your favourite topic to learn, in AS and A2
Original post by hannahzamir786
I know how you feel, what would you say was your favourite topic to learn, in AS and A2

Im in year 12 I haven't done A2 yet :/.My favourite AS topic is transport in animals.What are your favourite topics in A-level biology?
Original post by FutureMissMRCS
Im in year 12 I haven't done A2 yet :/. My favorite AS topic is transport in animals. What are your favorite topics in A-level biology?

In the whole of the A-level it would have to be Animal Responses so, like the nervous system (A2), it really interested me. In AS alone I loved learning about the heart and circulation so I agree with your choice.
****ng ridiculous, but if you work really hard you might hack it. Trust me, it is NO JOKE.
**** lol thought i could cram all of A2 this weekend for exam on tomorrow but way too much content 😅
SO HARD. Definitely my hardest subject by far (my others are maths and chemistry). I have to put so much time and effort into it and it’s not so much the content, yes there is a lot but concepts are relatively straight forward. I feel like I can thoroughly learn a topic and feel like I’ve got it and then we get a test on it and I’m just lost. It’s very very application heavy so you have to make sure you UNDERSTAND everything, you can’t get away with just memorising like you could at GCSE. I find the questions are so loosely linked to the topic- you’ll learn one thing and then the questions will be so unrelated it’s crazy. I think the only real way to get better is just to practise loads of questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending