The Student Room Group

Must read books for Politics students?

I want to read
The Communist Manifesto
Original post by Harriso1
I want to read

Hey!

Here's 3 books that really helped me out during my politics degree (links to the books attached);

Clarke, Charles.The 'Too Difficult' Box: The Big Issues Politicians Can't Crack: Based on a series of guest lectures at UEA, discusses how the biggest problems in British politics are ones which have been repeatedly kicked into the long grass for years. Topics range from immigration, to prison reform and climate change, so its really useful if you're taking on a varied module about British politics.

Zakaria, Fareed.The Future of Freedom: Illiberal Democracy at Home and Abroad: Really interesting and useful book which discusses historical and cultural reasons why liberal democracy developed in some countries but not others.

Marshall, Tim. Prisoners of Geography: Ten Maps That Tell You Everything You Need to Know About Global Politics: Discusses how geography and natural landscapes shape foreign policy. Makes for a refreshing change from talking about realism and liberalism all the time :biggrin:

Hope you find these titles interesting!

Fred - UEA PG Rep
Reply 3
The Problem of Political Authority by Michael Huemer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending