The Student Room Group

AQA Biology GCSE (9-1) trilogy: Paper 2 11th June 2018 unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Olivertvs
Did u have an invigilator with you in the hospital room? How did u break you leg on the way to an exam? Ahahaha

yeah i had an invigilator sat on the end of the bed whilst they was putting a cast on me:u: and i broke it because i was messing around on the gravel with my mates out side the hall and i jumped onto the step and my bone flicked out.
Original post by sssssw
thats exactly what i did! i got 1.25. 10/2 = 5 then 0.5 x 0.5 = 0.25. 0.25 x 5 = 1.25

I think they're both wrong because it says the quadrats were placed 2m APART. not every 2m
Original post by TSU - Mod
For the area question
I see there is a huge chunk saying 1.5 and others saying 1.25

I personally put 1.25 only because I saw that the 6th measurement would not be included as if you include the interval at 10m the quadrat will go over the 10m rule
I its calculated as distance divided by intervals, in this case 10 / 2 which is 5.

Same, I also put 1.25 seeing as the Quadrat was 0.5m long so there would be one at 0, then 2.5, then 5, then 7.5, then at 10 which is 5 measurements

I really hope that’s right
Original post by Fallen_Angel_
I think they're both wrong because it says the quadrats were placed 2m APART. not every 2m

That’s what I did, and I still got 1.25
Original post by pottah
That’s what I did, and I still got 1.25

If you place it 2m apart, so 2m in between each sample, you can only get 4 samples because its within 10m.so the area is 1m^2
If you place it 2m apart, so 2m in between each sample, you can only get 4 samples because its within 10m.so the area is 1m^2

3D10337B-473F-480A-A999-694C1C00BAAA.jpeg

This is how I did it, if you put one at 10, ending at 10.5 it makes five measurements, I guess it depends on whether you were supposed to not go over ten meters or not

I did because the reference picture was at 10, so I think this is right but I’m not entirely sure
Original post by pottah
3D10337B-473F-480A-A999-694C1C00BAAA.jpeg

This is how I did it, if you put one at 10, ending at 10.5 it makes five measurements, I guess it depends on whether you were supposed to not go over ten meters or not

I did because the reference picture was at 10, so I think this is right but I’m not entirely sure

I didnt include the last one because it said up to 10m. Idk the questions need to be phrased more clearly.
I didnt include the last one because it said up to 10m. Idk the questions need to be phrased more clearly.

if you put 5 then i think youre fine, tbh this was never explained to me but all my friends in triple said they would have done the same as me
Original post by TSU - Mod
if you put 5 then i think youre fine, tbh this was never explained to me but all my friends in triple said they would have done the same as me

I did 4 as shown above. I didnt include the one outside 10m.

Yeah I agree, they should actually test us on things we learn rather than trying to trick us
the intervals are every 2m, not 2m apart in distance.
1st at 0m,
2nd at 2m,
3rd and 4m,
4th at 6m and
5th at 8m,

as the quadrat is place after the interval 10m would not be included as the quadrat is out of the range of the measuring tape.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending