The Student Room Group

A few questions on Body Issues, Contraception and Dating.

Hi all!
I have a few questions about relationships.

Q1) Is it selfish to look for someone to date if you don't feel confident in your own skin?

Q2) Is there a dating app etiquette? Like, are you allowed to talk and meet up with more than one person at a time?

Q3)How common is it to have sex when dating? Do you always have to have sex or are there relationships where sex isn't present/that common?

Q4)How does a gal get a hold of contraception discreetly? I have a religious family and I fear that if I do become sexually active that a condom might not be enough to prevent pregnancy.

Thanks in advance :smile:
1) You should be confident in yourself. Maybe that way you will find someone more appropriate to yourself who will appreciate you as a person. But no to find someone to comfort you and be by your side is not selfish.

2) No. There isn't really an ettiquette. Evidently if you're not dating you can talk to people right!? Perhaps find someone for yourself.

3) Always go with the flow of a relationship I guess with some people there is more than with others.

4) You can visit your local pharmacy.
(edited 4 years ago)
1.) It isn't selfish to look for someone to date if you don't feel confident in your own skin. But, we unconsciously put out 'vibes' and when you do feel good about yourself you are more likely to present yourself as confident and positive and those are attractive qualities when first meeting a person. If you are unconsciously giving off insecurity vibes and acting sullen etc. you are less likely to attract someone.
Also, if you are confident in yourself don't make it your boyfriend's responsibility to see that you're happy. That puts too much pressure on the relationship. You alone are responsible for your moods and feelings. He should offer support but if you're feeling down don't put the pressure on him to be responsible for bringing out of it.

2.) There is no early dating etiquette. If you are fortunate enough to have several guys interested at the same time then by all means go and meet each of them for coffee or dinner but I wouldn't go on more than 3-4 dates before deciding who you are actually going to continue on with. Beyond 3-4 dates feelings are developing and you need to be fair to the guys you are seeing and respect their potential emotional connection.

3.) How common it is to have sex when dating is usually based on age on always based on the individual. There is no 'set time' (3 Date Rule) for when sex should occur. I, personally, feel if your not at least of uni age you should wait until you're older. I know girls who slept with their signification other the first night, some who waited months and I have a friend who was in high school when she met her boyfriend and didn't have sex with him for 3 years. Also, two weeks ago, I attended a wedding of two uni friends and they mutually agreed to wait until marriage. I know all of these different scenarios. You have to do what is right for you. For ME I believe one should be in a confirmed committed relationship regardless.

4.). There are sexual health clinics and of course you can go to a GP.

Do you have someone you are already dating?

Original post by Anonymous
Hi all!
I have a few questions about relationships.

Q1) Is it selfish to look for someone to date if you don't feel confident in your own skin?

Q2) Is there a dating app etiquette? Like, are you allowed to talk and meet up with more than one person at a time?

Q3)How common is it to have sex when dating? Do you always have to have sex or are there relationships where sex isn't present/that common?

Q4)How does a gal get a hold of contraception discreetly? I have a religious family and I fear that if I do become sexually active that a condom might not be enough to prevent pregnancy.

Thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending