The Student Room Group

Sixth form attendance 82% ! Will I get kicked out ????

I got to a normal comprehensive sixth form and I think they are quite strict I have good grades usually As do you think ill get kicked out ?
Original post by mem123
I got to a normal comprehensive sixth form and I think they are quite strict I have good grades usually As do you think ill get kicked out ?

Depends on your school attendance policy.

Why do you have such a low attendance? Have they asked or have you told them?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Depends on your school attendance policy.

Why do you have such a low attendance? Have they asked or have you told them?

Well basically I found some sheet and it said you must have 97% attendance otherwise parents will be informed. That’s rather harsh and a lie since I definitely have worse attendance that and nothing has happened. Similarity I know people who are legit never in and nothing has happened. My attenendance is bad for two reasons I always get ill in total I’ve taken probably about two weeks off for illness however I’ve also taken about a week off in total for my own study leave since my school doesn’t allow study leave. Without this own ‘study leave’ I would have actually failed my exams. Also my school has this ****ing stupid policy that we must go to form time in the morning even if we don’t have lessons until like 4 period. Meaning that many times I have not come in the morning therefore it has counted for me not coming in at all for the day. Honestly I think my schools policies are very unfair
Original post by mem123
Well basically I found some sheet and it said you must have 97% attendance otherwise parents will be informed. That’s rather harsh and a lie since I definitely have worse attendance that and nothing has happened. Similarity I know people who are legit never in and nothing has happened. My attenendance is bad for two reasons I always get ill in total I’ve taken probably about two weeks off for illness however I’ve also taken about a week off in total for my own study leave since my school doesn’t allow study leave. Without this own ‘study leave’ I would have actually failed my exams. Also my school has this ****ing stupid policy that we must go to form time in the morning even if we don’t have lessons until like 4 period. Meaning that many times I have not come in the morning therefore it has counted for me not coming in at all for the day. Honestly I think my schools policies are very unfair

I doubt anything will happen now if they havent picked you up on it, but not sure those arguments are winners if it ever came to that.
Post back if anything happens, but for now I wouldnt worry.
Reply 4
From my experience at sixth form, maybe and maybe not. I had really bad attendance, like super low. It was so bad a teacher phoned me every morning to make sure I was up and ready for classes. It all depends on your sixth form and your reason to why you are missing classes. But I did realize that with me missing sixth form I was behind on a lot of work and often had to give up my free time to sit in a room on my own to complete assignments. So I would advice you not to get to low on your attendance to where you are missing important things.

But speak to your head tutor and maybe explain why you are missing the classes and if you need support don't be afraid to ask!

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending