Plovdiv 2019 entry Watch

WhoDaresWins
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by rarajaja0)
The cource can be easy or insanely difficult depending on how good you are at raw memory retention. Ive found it eh. Last couple weeks before exams have been killer though, i made the common mistake of leaving everything too late, probably because i was riding high on my ego after passing med physics in jan/feb by cramming... But the sheer number of exams got me this summer. Hopefully I'll pass the resits i have next week and I'll be good to go.
Ah damn.
Looking forward to 2nd year tho, apparently it's much more chilled than 1st year but then 3rd year and beyond is tough.
Xxxtsx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey have you sat the exam already? If you have, did they repeat any papers?
rarajaja0
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Xxxtsx)
Hey have you sat the exam already? If you have, did they repeat any papers?
which exam? we have like 7 subject exams in first year...
Black Water
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
which exam? we have like 7 subject exams in first year...
Did you get an A* in RS? Also, is your plan to go back to U.K. after graduating?
rarajaja0
Rep:
?
(Original post by Black Water)
Did you get an A* in RS? Also, is your plan to go back to U.K. after graduating?
I did... but for my unfortunate soul they don't care too much about the 3rd subject , they stress biology and chemistry.

And yes i do, the UKMLA should play in our favour. So hoping for the best.

What about yourself, are you a student here or interested in plovdiv?
Black Water
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I did... but for my unfortunate soul they don't care too much about the 3rd subject , they stress biology and chemistry.

And yes i do, the UKMLA should play in our favour. So hoping for the best.

What about yourself, are you a student here or interested in plovdiv?
Oh right. Of course, they’d care more about the other two but that doesn’t matter now for you since you’re in.

Won’t it be harder for overseas students after since the curriculum is different and the fact that it’s hard to get into specialty training programmes. What do you think about this? Also, God knows what’s happening with Brexit as well and how it will affect students.

I’m thinking about it, but not sure if it’s worth it since the competition is already high in general and it’s hard to come back here to practice.
MrTahirC
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If you're talking about Czech unis the 3 i know who are in plovdiv after being kicked out or left are smart kids, were talking As at A-level. Furthermore they're doing well this year in Plov. Czech is unfair and cruel. Plovdiv is considerably harder than UK med schools, so one can only imagine how unnecessarily hard Czech ones will be.

But then again, study your ass off and sacrifice an excessive social life then you'll graduate with a bomb degree from Czech, but personally and from the people whove went there have told me... i dont see the point when there's plovdiv

Edit: I'm not hyping plovdiv by any means, believe me, I'm just going off personal and friends experiences

As somebody currently studying in Czech, it is a little difficult for sure, but it is medicine at the end of the day and im sure the people applying realise that? Somehow scraping into my 5th year, think its important for prospective/current students to quickly build a support network around them i.e. establish relationships with seniors, make good use of help your agency provides (i used tutelage, who have a an after-care scheme).
Last year, in my class (me included) a few people were on the verge of getting kicked out over a credit (a pre-requisite for exams eg class tests etc). I spoke to tutelage on behalf of everyone, they flew down a couple of days later to meet with the vie-dean and long story short everybody ended up passing the credit
Last edited by MrTahirC; 5 months ago
Black Water
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by MrTahirC)
As somebody currently studying in Czech, it is a little difficult for sure, but it is medicine at the end of the day and im sure the people applying realise that? Somehow scraping into my 5th year, think its important for prospective/current students to quickly build a support network around them i.e. establish relationships with seniors, make good use of help your agency provides (i used tutelage, who have a an after-care scheme).
Last year, in my class (me included) a few people were on the verge of getting kicked out over a credit (a pre-requisite for exams eg class tests etc). I spoke to tutelage on behalf of everyone, they flew down a couple of days later to meet with the vie-dean and long story short everybody ended up passing the credit
Did you do A-Levels then go to Czech medical school?
rarajaja0
Rep:
?
Agreed. Building a strong and almost persistent relationship with companies or individuals who can help you is vital in cases of studying abroad. It's necessary imo to have a support network in the rare occasion things go hay wire
MrTahirC
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Did you do A-Levels then go to Czech medical school?
Yeah, I went straight away after A2's, the jump isnt too bad as long as youre prepared to study tbh, think somebody else mentioned not having to do your A levels, you have to do them i think, but get into contact with somebody like Tutelage for that kinda information
Black Water
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yeah, I went straight away after A2's, the jump isnt too bad as long as youre prepared to study tbh, think somebody else mentioned not having to do your A levels, you have to do them i think, but get into contact with somebody like Tutelage for that kinda information
Oh right. How much does it cost to live there? Also how much is the tuition fees?
SulTob
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I won’t really trust any advice this guy gives till you check out this thread and decide for yourself whether to belive his stories or not: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...7#post79219842
rarajaja0
Rep:
?
(Original post by SulTob)
I won’t really trust any advice this guy gives till you check out this thread and decide for yourself whether to belive his stories or not: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...7#post79219842
Hmh... there sure does seem to be alittle bit of tutelage bias from this guy 🤔... as i mentioned before they havnt been outstanding in customer service by any means ( ie forgetting to apostolise A2 results), but then again they havnt been terrible... i guess how helpful they are will be revealed in due time when complications arise.
PetrolHead26
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
What are the entry requirements for a level.. I know someone who got in with DDD. Are the students mostly from the 🇬🇧?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
rarajaja0
Rep:
?
(Original post by Boss987)
What are the entry requirements for a level.. I know someone who got in with DDD. Are the students mostly from the 🇬🇧?
Short answer: BB (bio/chem) and an okay 3rd subject
Long answer: depends on the competition of the year, number of applicants, agency aid etc... this year there are some students with Ds probably due to the most latter of the 3 reasons i listed even though uni policy is the short answer, but because of plovdivs increasing popularity and applicants, being let off this year and in future years will be much more difficult than previous years (like mine 2017)

Also bear in mind that the clinical years of plovdiv mu are just as hard, if not harder than UK med schools... so if someone gets in with DDD, their chances of failing a few years in and wasting their time and tens of thousands of pounds is a sad but very real prospect.
Last edited by rarajaja0; 5 months ago
PetrolHead26
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Short answer: BB (bio/chem) and an okay 3rd subject
Long answer: depends on the competition of the year, number of applicants, agency aid etc... this year there are students with Ds probably due to the most latter of the 3 reasons i listed even though uni policy is the short answer, but due to plovdivs increasing popularity and applicants, being let off will be much more difficult than previous years.

Also bear in mind that the clinical years of plovdiv mu are just as hard, if not harder than UK med schools... so if someone gets in with DDD, their chances of failing a few years in and wasting their time and tens of thousands of pounds is a sad but very real prospect.
Yeah. I think it depends on the uni. It might not be true but I heard someone got in with 3U's. Don't think it was plovdiv. I was going to come plovdiv but couldn't leave family so I settled for Kings college biomedicine. Some people also look down on bulgarian/ Czech Republic medical schools which also put me off. Good luck on ur journey 🤞
PetrolHead26
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Will brexit affect employability in the UK?
rarajaja0
Rep:
?
(Original post by Boss987)
Will brexit affect employability in the UK?
It shouldn't. The existence of the UKMLA means anyone with a medical degree from a GMC approved university can get UK/NHS licencing if they pass it. If you do well on that then the UK should accept you with open arms considering the shortage of doctors and the fact we're from the UK.
MrTahirC
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Oh right. How much does it cost to live there? Also how much is the tuition fees?
I live in student dorm's, where the rent is about £125 (depending on the rate), tuition fee's are 10,000 euros
Black Water
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I live in student dorm's, where the rent is about £125 (depending on the rate), tuition fee's are 10,000 euros
The fees are expensive. Do you get your parents to help you as well?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?