The Student Room Group

Plovdiv 2019 entry

Scroll to see replies

Will brexit affect employability in the UK?
Reply 61
Original post by Boss987
Will brexit affect employability in the UK?

It shouldn't. The existence of the UKMLA means anyone with a medical degree from a GMC approved university can get UK/NHS licencing if they pass it. If you do well on that then the UK should accept you with open arms considering the shortage of doctors and the fact we're from the UK.
Reply 62
The fees are expensive. Do you get your parents to help you as well?
Reply 63
Yeah that’s probably about the biggest problem. If only there were loans, then it would be so much easier.
Reply 64
Everyone I've met who have gone with tutelage, and I mean everyone, has some degree of disdain towards them. Sure they help and i would recommend them over other agencies purely based on the fact that they are the best priced and not terrible...but it doesn't seem natural for someone to rep them so passionately (for my year at least). Secret advertising is also a thing, but I don't want to be the tin foil hat guy:biggrin:.
Is the entrance exam hard? and how do I get ready for the test?
Reply 66
Can anyone recommend an agency to use?
Reply 67
Original post by Sonya M
Can anyone recommend an agency to use?

Medconnect were very helpful.
Hi, I'm looking at applying to Plovdiv for medicine at the minute, I'm currently at uni in the UK but would prefer an undergrad start as my degree hasn't covered a lot of anatomy. It'd be nice to talk to anyone who's studying or looking at applying to Bulgarian university as I have no idea where to start 😆
Reply 69
Original post by Danathomas97
Hi, I'm looking at applying to Plovdiv for medicine at the minute, I'm currently at uni in the UK but would prefer an undergrad start as my degree hasn't covered a lot of anatomy. It'd be nice to talk to anyone who's studying or looking at applying to Bulgarian university as I have no idea where to start 😆

Hi , I’m studying at Plovdiv medical uni at the moment, it’s my first year. I applied with an agency, but I’ve heard from multiple students, there really is no need. Applying is pretty straight forward , just collect the documents stated on the website.
Note: all documents must be collected , legalized , translated before you sit the entrance exam. That’s crucial!
And prep for the entrance exam, there’ll be sample papers , the exam is pretty similar to that , at least they have been previously, so study from them. The content is pretty standard , GCSE to A-level Biology and chemistry.

Dont do do what I did , apply early, Sit the exam on the earliest date , so If you need to improve your mark you can do so, i think this year there is only two dates , all info is on the uni website.

once marks are out, there will be a ranking , which will be posted online.
If you ahve any specific questions , don’t hesitate! I hope this helped. Plovdiv is a really good city and I’m loving my studies at the uni so far!
All the best !
Reply 70
I’m looking to apply to Sofia medical university this year
Plovdiv applicant here!
Reply 72
🤚🏼 Iam applying. I’ve got my entrance in July.
Original post by Chez231
Plovdiv applicant here
Original post by PJ27
🤚🏼 Iam applying. I’ve got my entrance in July.

I’m yet to schedule an exam , I’m tempted to do the September one
Reply 74
If they still have exams in Sep then when will uni be starting?
Original post by Chez231
I’m yet to schedule an exam , I’m tempted to do the September one
Original post by PJ27
If they still have exams in Sep then when will uni be starting?

They’re very early on in September , and I think we start mid September , are you a grad ?
Reply 76
No, I’m in year 13. Wbu?
Original post by Chez231
They’re very early on in September , and I think we start mid September , are you a grad ?
Original post by PJ27
No, I’m in year 13. Wbu?

Grad (: any grads on this ?
is anyone going to the open days that are held by agencies in London?
Reply 79
Yep. I am
Original post by Chez231
Grad (: any grads on this ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending