The Student Room Group

Coming back from uni for summer

So I’m back from uni for summer and I’m loosing my mind. I have missed my family and all that but now I’m back they just wind me up. By that I mean my younger sister. She keeps taunting me and telling me that she didn’t want me to go back home for summer and I’m starting to regret coming home.

I have stuff todo this summer, I’m going away and meeting friends and working but I just can’t help but miss uni. Back there I didn’t have anyone stealing my **** and winding me up. I miss my friends, I am meeting up with them but I miss not having my best friend there. Like back home I suddenly have all these rules I have to adhere too and I don’t like it. Like does anyone have any tips? Because I’ve gone back to where I was last year, I’m getting in trouble for the stupidest little things that I wouldn’t even think about at uni. My biggest problem at the moment is my younger sister. She is a witch to me and I can’t say anything because I’m “bullying her” and tells my parents and then I get in trouble because “I’m 19 not 9” and “an adult” like does anyone have any tips for this? Thaanks
Original post by HickeyOrBruise
So I’m back from uni for summer and I’m loosing my mind. I have missed my family and all that but now I’m back they just wind me up. By that I mean my younger sister. She keeps taunting me and telling me that she didn’t want me to go back home for summer and I’m starting to regret coming home.

I have stuff todo this summer, I’m going away and meeting friends and working but I just can’t help but miss uni. Back there I didn’t have anyone stealing my **** and winding me up. I miss my friends, I am meeting up with them but I miss not having my best friend there. Like back home I suddenly have all these rules I have to adhere too and I don’t like it. Like does anyone have any tips? Because I’ve gone back to where I was last year, I’m getting in trouble for the stupidest little things that I wouldn’t even think about at uni. My biggest problem at the moment is my younger sister. She is a witch to me and I can’t say anything because I’m “bullying her” and tells my parents and then I get in trouble because “I’m 19 not 9” and “an adult” like does anyone have any tips for this? Thaanks

If you are an adult then behave like one. If they are driving you up the wall then avoid them or go back to uni early. If you are private rented next year, then dont you have a 52 week contract?
lmfao you sound like my brother
Original post by 999tigger
If you are an adult then behave like one. If they are driving you up the wall then avoid them or go back to uni early. If you are private rented next year, then dont you have a 52 week contract?

Nooo I don’t have the option because my contract doesn’t start until the end of September and my old one (my halls) ended last week. It’s not even my whole family, it’s just my sister and she won’t leave me alone. Like I am trying to be adult about it but it’s super hard
Nooo I don’t have the option because my contract doesn’t start until the end of September and my old one (my halls) ended last week. It’s not even my whole family, it’s just my sister and she won’t leave me alone. Like I am trying to be adult about it but it’s super hard

How old is she?

At least next year you can stay at uni in the summer if you have a 52 week contract.
Original post by 999tigger
How old is she?

At least next year you can stay at uni in the summer if you have a 52 week contract.

She’s just turned 16 so she’s finished off her GCSEs and she is off school too which makes it worse :/
She’s just turned 16 so she’s finished off her GCSEs and she is off school too which makes it worse :/

It will calm down. Get an additional job for more money.
If you arent sharing a room then just ignore her.
yeah man we've all been there
what i did during summer was split it work - then go abroad for abit.
i go home tomoz as graduate actually scared cos i get ill from stress. i have a medical condition doesnt get triggered at uni even when exams dissertation all that. go home gets trigged every other day
Original post by Michael Rosen
yeah man we've all been there
what i did during summer was split it work - then go abroad for abit.
i go home tomoz as graduate actually scared cos i get ill from stress. i have a medical condition doesnt get triggered at uni even when exams dissertation all that. go home gets trigged every other day

Man that sucks :/. I have an illness which means that I need to have someone near me most of the time so I’m limited as to what I’m allowed todo

what degree r u doing? is there a way u could start uni a bit earlier by getting a temporary job within ur uni?
Original post by snickerdoodle02
what degree r u doing? is there a way u could start uni a bit earlier by getting a temporary job within ur uni?

Business and management and I have a job at the uni- so I’ll be away for part of summer but my contract for my house doesn’t start till the end of September

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending