The Student Room Group

My bf is leading his ex on

boyfriend of two months left a girl he was dating in February to be with me. He told me he complained to her about standing up to her family and she never did it and how her family didn’t even like him to begin with. Her parents didn’t like his age and felt like he was using her because she was so young. He told me the main problem he had was they would have sex but she couldn’t spend the night with him because her parents told her she couldn’t stay. He told me he told her many times and begged her to stay but she wouldn't. my boyfriend and his ex work together too.

So the last day of February he left her and ten days later we were in a relationship. He bluntly told her he met someone else and was leaving her. He told me how she was upset and tried begging for him back but he kept apologizing to her telling her he was sorry and that he still wanted to be there for her. i went through his phone. The day after he broke up with her though he texted her first saying “hey sweetie how are you doing” he initiated the conversation the next day after that too saying “hey sweetie how’s your day going so far” the week after he broke up with her she was still trying to see him and he was trying to clear his schedule to see her too from the text.

Two weeks went by and neither one of them texted each other until last Saturday he texted her first asking how she was doing she didn’t reply. I see text from him asking was she at work that particular day. today i see text from her saying she missed him and said she hoped he was doing good and he said i miss you too sweetie i hope you’re doing alright sweetie.

Earlier last month while with my boyfriend we saw his ex in the store and they were laughing , flirting, talking abut their little inside jokes, smiling at each other, he was teasing her right behind my back. He called her pretty .And before we left the store he tugged on her hair , looked like he wanted her attention
Imo just show him the last 3 paragraphs and ask how he'd feel if roles were reversed lol.

He hasn't actually cheated or anything though. So just talk through your feelings with him but don't be too confrontational
Reply 2
Sounds more like he's leading you on.

Seems incredibly childish.
Nothing good ever comes from getting with someone who ended a relationship to get with someone else. The lack of LOYALTY card comes into play. You brought this onto yourself tbh.
Original post by Drewski
Sounds more like he's leading you on.

Seems incredibly childish.

How when he left her for me
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
How when he left her for me

Why is he still in touch with her?

Why is he flirting with her in front of you?
Ahct you both sound kinda crap :tongue:, he doesn't sound like he has any intent of being serious or leaving other girl behind and you're in raking through his personal stuff daily after dating for like a week.
Original post by SDP1996
boyfriend of two months left a girl he was dating in February to be with me. He told me he complained to her about standing up to her family and she never did it and how her family didn’t even like him to begin with. Her parents didn’t like his age and felt like he was using her because she was so young. He told me the main problem he had was they would have sex but she couldn’t spend the night with him because her parents told her she couldn’t stay. He told me he told her many times and begged her to stay but she wouldn't. my boyfriend and his ex work together too.

So the last day of February he left her and ten days later we were in a relationship. He bluntly told her he met someone else and was leaving her. He told me how she was upset and tried begging for him back but he kept apologizing to her telling her he was sorry and that he still wanted to be there for her. i went through his phone. The day after he broke up with her though he texted her first saying “hey sweetie how are you doing” he initiated the conversation the next day after that too saying “hey sweetie how’s your day going so far” the week after he broke up with her she was still trying to see him and he was trying to clear his schedule to see her too from the text.

Two weeks went by and neither one of them texted each other until last Saturday he texted her first asking how she was doing she didn’t reply. I see text from him asking was she at work that particular day. today i see text from her saying she missed him and said she hoped he was doing good and he said i miss you too sweetie i hope you’re doing alright sweetie.

Earlier last month while with my boyfriend we saw his ex in the store and they were laughing , flirting, talking abut their little inside jokes, smiling at each other, he was teasing her right behind my back. He called her pretty .And before we left the store he tugged on her hair , looked like he wanted her attention

As someone else said, it's you being lead on not the ex, as he is flirting with them when he should be loyal to you.
If you are looking through his phone in the first place there's trust issues so you can't expect him to trust you back and to be honest.
He clearly still likes the ex, probably even more than you since he is texting her and flirting with her.
I think he should really be getting back with her and you should leave him, she is the one that wants him and he is the one that left her so he might as well get back with her.
Original post by Iahmed512
As someone else said, it's you being lead on not the ex, as he is flirting with them when he should be loyal to you.
If you are looking through his phone in the first place there's trust issues so you can't expect him to trust you back and to be honest.
He clearly still likes the ex, probably even more than you since he is texting her and flirting with her.
I think he should really be getting back with her and you should leave him, she is the one that wants him and he is the one that left her so he might as well get back with her.

Why leave her if he wants her
Why leave her if he wants her

He clearly wants the ex more than his own girlfriend since he's complimenting her and it's more than just being nice since he was flirting, and doing things like tugging hair, wanting attention, so he clearly likes them more, especially as he doesn't seem to be doI g the same with his own girlfriend. So the girlfriend should leave him and the boyfriend should get back with the ex, especially so neither are being cheated on.
He clearly wants the ex more than his own girlfriend since he's complimenting her and it's more than just being nice since he was flirting, and doing things like tugging hair, wanting attention, so he clearly likes them more, especially as he doesn't seem to be doI g the same with his own girlfriend. So the girlfriend should leave him and the boyfriend should get back with the ex, especially so neither are being cheated on.

So my question is why leave her to pursue me ?
So my question is why leave her to pursue me ?

You're not the op or the ex or the boyfriend now are you?

But anyway, I was saying the girlfriend should leave the boyfriend since he is clearly more interested in the ex wether he realises it or not, why say with someone who is not really interested, who is not faithful, leading you on, and could therefore end up cheating if staying together.
You're not the op or the ex or the boyfriend now are you?

But anyway, I was saying the girlfriend should leave the boyfriend since he is clearly more interested in the ex wether he realises it or not, why say with someone who is not really interested, who is not faithful, leading you on, and could therefore end up cheating if staying together.

I’m saying if he likes her more why did he ask to be exclusive with me, he talked to her everyday until he asked me to be his girl
Probably because he's getting off on the thought of two daft lassies running about after him.
I’m saying if he likes her more why did he ask to be exclusive with me, he talked to her everyday until he asked me to be his girl

Why you talking as the girlfriend, you're not the OP and the OP never said the boyfriend said about them being exclusive. As I said before he may not realise he likes her more even though it is quite clear he does from what has been said.
Considering you got together only 10 days after they spilt up, it's not surprising he still cares about her and could potentially still have feelings towards her. I'd speak to him and ask why he's still flirting when he's supposed to have moved on. It doesn't sound like a healthy relationship at all if you're going through his phone this early on.
Just because she didn't reply by text doesn't mean she didn't answer when they met face to face. It seems that he broke up with her to force her hand against her family, and you are just a pawn, a time filler.
I'd call up one of your male friends in front of him and call him sweetie (by arrangement if needed) and find someone else, he isnt mature enough yet.
Year old thread. Advice is pointless as the situation will have either been resolved or they will have broken up
Original post by SDP1996

This is inappropriate and disrespectful to you. Please let him know that he needs to stop this.

Latest

Trending

Trending