The Student Room Group

Student loan implications of changing venue but not subject

If you move university at the end of the first year, but will be doing the same BA at the new venue, does student funding just continue with year two? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by RosyK
If you move university at the end of the first year, but will be doing the same BA at the new venue, does student funding just continue with year two? Thanks

You always reapply each year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Doonesbury
You always reapply each year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant, will I lose any years of funding as far as SFE are concerned. I'm transferring to the same course somewhere else rather than re starting something new.
Reply 3
Original post by RosyK
I meant, will I lose any years of funding as far as SFE are concerned. I'm transferring to the same course somewhere else rather than re starting something new.

No it's fine. Are you transferring to start in Year 1 again? Even if you are you get one "gift year" to cover for situations like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RosyK

You'll have used up your "gift year", so you should be eligible for student finance funding for the rest of your new degree, provided you repeat no years
Reply 5
Thanks for the info. I'm moving to a new uni, but into year two, so not re-starting or changing subject. So hopefully it should be straight forward?!
Reply 6
Original post by RosyK
Thanks for the info. I'm moving to a new uni, but into year two, so not re-starting or changing subject. So hopefully it should be straight forward?!

Yep it's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Thanks. Now all I have to do is get student finance england to remember that they granted me three years funding last year. They seem to have forgotten and have put zero on my student loan award letter. If I get that sorted out, I then have to break the news of the uni move. Student finance applications - for masochists everywhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending