The Student Room Group

17 dont know what to do

So i'm 17, recently turned, have just finished my AS levels. I took Product Design, Mathematics and Classical civilization, i regret taking that, i hate my job, i don't know if i want to go to uni or get an apprenticeship. If i were to go to uni i don't know what course id take, maybe graphic design or mathematics but i'm not good at either of those. I cant find an apprenticeship that i'm interested in. My hobbies include video games which i'm **** at and nothing else. So i basically have no idea where to go or what to do, i have no interests and am panicking everyday about my future.

I'm just dandy
I know this doesnt help much but SAME GIRL, excpet im 17 going into Yr13, hate my subjects and got predicted ACD so no uni application for me this year... The only thing I can say is your not alone x
Try not to decide your future in one go.

Until you have a clearer idea of what you want to do not go to University.

Try to get a job for now so that you can see what you like doing or what work you can actually get.

Check out apprenticeships on the Army, Navy and RAF websites for something different.

There are not just soldier roles but also in areas that you would find in civilian life such as HR, medical, engineering, science, music, physical education, IT etc.

They are the largest provider of apprenticeships in the UK and the best paid.

There are lots of jobs that would give you a good foundation to build a career on and this can be followed up later with professional qualifications or a degree.

This does not have to be your only future career but this does give you a good place to experience work supported with excellent training.

For further information look online or visit a forces careers office nearby.
You could do a degree online with the Open University.

You're still young anyway, look at job specs and mingle around with different jobs looking at their specs.
Don't rush into uni if you aren't sure what course or what kind of career you want. Do some research into possible careers and if possible, get some work experience. Does your college have access to a careers adviser? If so, make an appointment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending