The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maths&physics
how do you know the wages? are you a wag wannabe too, but instead settled for a sugar daddy?

ok, thats fair point but that doesn't make her delusional - just unrealistic.

It's called Google

I don't have a sugar daddy lmao
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by bones-mccoy
She wants £200k a week. The only footballers who earn anywhere near that are in the Premier League. Division 1 footballers earn roughly half of that and that's only the top players. Division 2 players earn about £1000 to £2000 a week. Unless you're in the right place at the right time, hang out in the right circles and are more than average-looking, it's not going to happen. And even if by some small chance it did, whose to say it'll last? So many footballers cheat on their partners and chuck them for the next best thing.

Courtois' ex gf works at Hollister (I think that's where they met too) so you don't necessary have to hang out at expensive clubs to meet someone. Though tbh she is very pretty. And he also apparently cheated on her quite a few times. And left her when she was 8 months pregnant with their second child.

I guess her best bet would be to go for not so well known footballers and hope they do get famous at some point and don't dump her in the process.
Being a WAG must be amazing, but I can imagine you also have to put your own life on hold and hope for the best. A good lifestyle for about a year I'd say, but not more than that hah
Original post by alevelshelpit
and being dependent on a man...

You say that as if thats a problem
It's called Google

I don't have a sugar daddy lmao

I just had a look and I cant find much credible sources.

cool :wink:
Original post by Nottie
Courtois' ex gf works at Hollister (I think that's where they met too) so you don't necessary have to hang out at expensive clubs to meet someone. Though tbh she is very pretty. And he also apparently cheated on her quite a few times. And left her when she was 8 months pregnant with their second child.

I guess her best bet would be to go for not so well known footballers and hope they do get famous at some point and don't dump her in the process.
Being a WAG must be amazing, but I can imagine you also have to put your own life on hold and hope for the best. A good lifestyle for about a year I'd say, but not more than that hah

Exactly. There's just too many factors at play. I think it sounds quite a glamorous lifestyle but is very different in reality. The media attention would be flattering at first but it would soon become a chore to have your every move scrutinised, let alone should you do anything controversial.
And then what happens when you get dumped and suddenly have to fend for yourself? It would be a huge shock to go from not having to worry about money and having a large disposable income to working full time in order to pay bills etc.

Can't believe things got so deep on a thread that's 95% a troll hahaha
Exactly. There's just too many factors at play. I think it sounds quite a glamorous lifestyle but is very different in reality. The media attention would be flattering at first but it would soon become a chore to have your every move scrutinised, let alone should you do anything controversial.
And then what happens when you get dumped and suddenly have to fend for yourself? It would be a huge shock to go from not having to worry about money and having a large disposable income to working full time in order to pay bills etc.

Can't believe things got so deep on a thread that's 95% a troll hahaha

If you get pregnant with the guy's kid, you'll be set for life.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm torn on this because part of me is like "get that money" because capitalism is cruel and security is everything but also I can't imagine putting my goals to the side and just being someone's wife tbh, but maybe that's just me.

but you wouldn't have to put your goals to the side really. it's not like they are run off their feet being busy being wives and gfs, they just sit around getting their hair done and having lunches. I am sure you could have a career going on as well, and be their partner. the reason these women don't or are only glamour models is that's all they want to do. I agree with first part of your sentence in a way, capitalism is cruel and unfair so I can see why they do it and it's not like the footballers are so deserving of that money.
huh? you don't know there are female doctors? who may be married to engineers/ journalists/ teachers?
She wants £200k a week. The only footballers who earn anywhere near that are in the Premier League. Division 1 footballers earn roughly half of that and that's only the top players. Division 2 players earn about £1000 to £2000 a week. Unless you're in the right place at the right time, hang out in the right circles and are more than average-looking, it's not going to happen. And even if by some small chance it did, whose to say it'll last? So many footballers cheat on their partners and chuck them for the next best thing.

You haven’t even seen me and you’re saying I’m average looking? How lovely of you
Reply 49
You pretty much have to become a model. If you're attractive enough, you'll end up in the right social circles through modelling. If you can't get into modelling, you probably aren't attractive enough to pull a footballer.
Original post by rhaegar452
Erm do what you want but dont give this "I will never solely rely on a man" when thats exactly what you're doing.

You also need to be good looking, near model status and frankly I doubt you do lol

Who said I wasn’t good looking? You’ve never seen photo of me. That’s judgmental
Original post by ksdjfg
You pretty much have to become a model. If you're attractive enough, you'll end up in the right social circles through modelling. If you can't get into modelling, you probably aren't attractive enough to pull a footballer.

Last time I checked Harry Kane’a Girlfriend is not a model
Who said I wasn’t good looking? You’ve never seen photo of me. That’s judgmental

Nah sorry I just doubt it. May be nice to the eye but I doubt you have the looks for a top footballer, maybe Scunthorpe though

Last time I checked Harry Kane’a Girlfriend is not a model

That's because it's real love. Theyre childhood sweethearts, you're just a cheap woman looking for money and fame
Hahaha I’m definitely not cheap”, I went to berkhamsted school which is one of the best private schools in the country so definitely not a cheap” woman darling x x
You say that as if thats a problem

if you dont see whats wrong with that you have a huge problem
TSR is so judgemental.

Stop calling a sexually liberated woman who knows what she wants a hoe and a slut.
Original post by alevelshelpit
if you dont see whats wrong with that you have a huge problem

Hey, I don't care about being some pink haired feminists with unshaved armpits. I just want a man who can keep me comfy so I don't have to work and can look after the kids. What may be 'wrong' lifestyle for you isn't the same for everyone else, you sanctimonious prick.
Original post by Haviland-Tuf
TSR is so judgemental.

Stop calling a sexually liberated woman who knows what she wants a hoe and a slut.

This. These idiots think that all us women should be out protesting about feeling oppressed just because we want a different life to what they want.
Hey, I don't care about being some pink haired feminists with unshaved armpits. I just want a man who can keep me comfy so I don't have to work and can look after the kids. What may be 'wrong' lifestyle for you isn't the same for everyone else, you sanctimonious prick.

thats fine hun but you are HIS property also i guess you have to tolerate all the abuse he gives too have fun honey x

Footballers love baby making machines vroom vroooom
Hahaha I’m definitely not cheap”, I went to berkhamsted school which is one of the best private schools in the country so definitely not a cheap” woman darling x x

now you'll have a new daddy to rely on x

Latest

Trending

Trending