The Student Room Group

Physics Mock Exam

Need a bit of advice, I did awful on my GCSE Mocks, i thoroughly revised but obviously wasn’t the right content. I need to be able to pull this back along with a good final grade for Biology. Any hints and tips or advice you can give me. Teachers were also shocked as my assessments throughout the year were all around grade 7.
Write notes as you go and recap them regularly. So 2 weeks after you learnt the topic, go over it. Then 1 month later, 2 months later, etc. so it’s in your long term memory.
Also do regular exam practise! This is the best way to get used to exam format and it helps you see what topics you need to revise more.
Make use of your teachers and drop-in sessions if you have them. Ask for help if you’re confused. Don’t suffer in silence.
Revise from different sources. I think you should have one main source (your notes) of revision but also read around topics in different textbooks and online to learn it better and in more detail. Seeing things in different ways can make it easier to learn.
Freesciencelessons on youtube is really good for understanding, as well as seneca learning.
Get people to test you. That’s the main way I revised. Go over it again and again until you remember everything.

Just do as many practise questions and past papers as you can. This was my lifesaver :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you . You have been very helpful. If there’s anything else you can think of please let me know

Quick Reply

Latest