The Student Room Group

Do I accept the uncompensated pass?

Just got back my uni results and I failed one module by just over 1% (achieved 38.88%). On my transcript it says I have an 'uncompensated pass' for that module which means that they will award me the credits but the fail mark still stands.

Idk what to do. Should I ask for a re-sit so at least I've passed the module or do I just move on and focus on final year? I just feel as if that fail mark will look SO bad when applying to grad jobs
Reply 1
Original post by queenofdarkness
Just got back my uni results and I failed one module by just over 1% (achieved 38.88%). On my transcript it says I have an 'uncompensated pass' for that module which means that they will award me the credits but the fail mark still stands.

Idk what to do. Should I ask for a re-sit so at least I've passed the module or do I just move on and focus on final year? I just feel as if that fail mark will look SO bad when applying to grad jobs

I would resist it, if it’s just one module. Can’t you do summer resits?
Original post by Spiderdd
I would resist it, if it’s just one module. Can’t you do summer resits?

Yeah I can but I'm on placement in london rn so I don't know how ideal revising and travelling back to uni to resit would actually be :/
it doesnt matter
Depends what you are studying and what career path you're thinking of going down. For example, if you're studying law and you apply to do the LPC/Training contract/BPTC an uncompensated fail won't allow you onto the course as you must pass every module. So it all depends on what you're doing after university. Best talking to your personal tutor : )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending