The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Can I change from BSc computing and IT to Open degree?

Hello guys,

So I've completed 1.5 years of an computing and IT degree.

However is it possible I can change to ba/BSc Open degree? With some of the modules I've already studied counting for credits?

For first year I've done:

-mst124 (30)
-tu100 (30)-subsided in 2018
-technologies/web technologies (60)

So I've done 120 credits for stage 1 and 30 credits for stage 2 which adheres to the guideline and all the modules I've completed so far are on the list for the Open degree.
(edited 5 years ago)
I can't think of any sensible reason why you wouldn't be able to transfer the whole lot across, but obviously you do need to check with the OU to be sure. What modules do you want to do going forward?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Persipan
I can't think of any sensible reason why you wouldn't be able to transfer the whole lot across, but obviously you do need to check with the OU to be sure. What modules do you want to do going forward?

Thank you for your comments. Same here I see can't why not.

I've done 120 credits for stage 1 and 30 credits for stage 2 which adheres to the guideline and all the modules I've completed so far are on the list for the Open degree.

I'll most likely do a mixture of maths and computing modules or even history.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Analyst89
Hello guys,

So I've completed 1.5 years of an computing and IT degree.

However is it possible I can change to ba/BSc Open degree? With some of the modules I've already studied counting for credits?

For first year I've done:

-mst124 (30)
-tu100 (30)-subsided in 2018
-technologies/web technologies (60)

So I've done 120 credits for stage 1 and 30 credits for stage 2 which adheres to the guideline and all the modules I've completed so far are on the list for the Open degree.

I don't see why not. An Open degree allows you to study any module you wish so they only have to change your degree title, which should be pretty simple to do in one phone call to student support. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest