The Student Room Group

How to sign up to clearing

Just a quick question, how do you actually sign up to clearing? I click the link on ucas link and click register yet it takes me to track. I don't know how to actually sign up for clearing in case I need it for results day. Bear in mind I do have one offer that I firmed - is this the reason j can't sign up? any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks :smile:
I think if you miss out ur firm offer, and also insurance you automatically go into clearing
If I’m wrong someone pls correct me?x
And also if you do better than you expected you can decline ur offer and choose a better uni through clearing
Reply 2
Original post by roseprincessx
I think if you miss out ur firm offer, and also insurance you automatically go into clearing
If I’m wrong someone pls correct me?x
And also if you do better than you expected you can decline ur offer and choose a better uni through clearing

Okay that helps a lot thank you! So if I want to enter clearing/adjustment on results day I can just decline my offer?! Tysm
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Rajan17
Okay that helps a lot thank you! So if I want to enter clearing/adjustment on results day I can just decline my offer?! Tysm

You can’t decline an offer that you have previously accepted.

If you want to enter clearing then you will need to ask your university to make that happen.

On results day that will take 24-48 hours in most cases. Once they have informed UCAS that they won’t hold you to your contract then you will be plced into clearing and can add a clearing choice on track if a university instructs you to do that.
Original post by Rajan17

That’s something you’d have to discuss with ur uni, like call them up and let them know
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
You can’t decline an offer that you have previously accepted.

If you want to enter clearing then you will need to ask your university to make that happen.

On results day that will take 24-48 hours in most cases. Once they have informed UCAS that they won’t hold you to your contract then you will be plced into clearing and can add a clearing choice on track if a university instructs you to do that.

Original post by roseprincessx
That’s something you’d have to discuss with ur uni, like call them up and let them know

Okay thanks, so if I call up the uni tomorrow and say I want to decline the offer - They should decline it for me and I should then enter clearing?!
Original post by Rajan17
Okay thanks, so if I call up the uni tomorrow and say I want to decline the offer - They should decline it for me and I should then enter clearing?!

They’re unlikely to be willing to speak to you tomorrow. Universities are processing A level results at the moment and under strict embargo until Thursday.
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
They’re unlikely to be willing to speak to you tomorrow. Universities are processing A level results at the moment and under strict embargo until Thursday.

Ohh :frown: I'm in a bit of a sticky situation as I'm on a waiting list for Medicine at QMUL and I've firmed a biomed course also at QMUL, j got an email from qmul medicine department today saying if you get an offer, calm us at 3pm in results day to go through the clearing process. Yet if I aren't in clearing by then Idk what to do :/// any suggestions?
Original post by Rajan17
Ohh :frown: I'm in a bit of a sticky situation as I'm on a waiting list for Medicine at QMUL and I've firmed a biomed course also at QMUL, j got an email from qmul medicine department today saying if you get an offer, calm us at 3pm in results day to go through the clearing process. Yet if I aren't in clearing by then Idk what to do :/// any suggestions?

If your firm and the university you want to go to are the same university then you just need to do as they ask. Clearing would only be used if you want to go to a different university.
Reply 9
Original post by PQ
If your firm and the university you want to go to are the same university then you just need to do as they ask. Clearing would only be used if you want to go to a different university.

So if I get the medicine offer, I could call the admissions team and ask them to swap my offer?
Original post by Rajan17
So if I get the medicine offer, I could call the admissions team and ask them to swap my offer?

Just do as they ask and call them - they can change your course easily without messing about with clearing.
Reply 11
Original post by PQ
Just do as they ask and call them - they can change your course easily without messing about with clearing.

Okay thank you for all the help :smile: much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending