The Student Room Group

Does English language have coursework

I thought a levels didnt have coursework anymore but I looked in the spec and apparently at the end there's 2 papers and a 3.5k word coursework essay worth 20% of the grade?
bump
If you're doing AQA then Yes. English Language has coursework (this year at least) as I am completing mine right now :smile:
Reply 3
That is correct though there's no in the AS if you do that.
Original post by HSennett
If you're doing AQA then Yes. English Language has coursework (this year at least) as I am completing mine right now :smile:

do you know if it'll stay that way? i will be finishing a levels in 2020
Original post by imanonhahaha
do you know if it'll stay that way? i will be finishing a levels in 2020

I'm not sure, I'm doing A Levels next year (2019) and We have coursework. I'm sure if you look at the AQA website it will say :smile:
I'm not sure, I'm doing A Levels next year (2019) and We have coursework. I'm sure if you look at the AQA website it will say :smile:

I looked on both ocr and aqa and both courses have coursework. But on my college website the description for the English language course doesn’t mention coursework at all???
I looked on both ocr and aqa and both courses have coursework. But on my college website the description for the English language course doesn’t mention coursework at all???

Hmm that is strange! Is coursework something that would put you off doing the course? I think you should speak to your school/college if you are unsure but the information on AQA should be accurate :smile:
Hmm that is strange! Is coursework something that would put you off doing the course? I think you should speak to your school/college if you are unsure but the information on AQA should be accurate :smile:

Yeah that's really strange, I checked edexcel's course and their's also has a coursework component. My college's website is probably just a bit crap. :tongue:
No, I much prefer coursework to exams. I'm even considering doing a BTEC in a subject I hate just so that there's less exams. I've been thinking about it all summer and I can't decide what to do, BTEC in science (hate it) or A Levels in psychology, sociology and english (still dont know if i should do lang or lit loool) but suffer through cramming and exams.
Yeah that's really strange, I checked edexcel's course and their's also has a coursework component. My college's website is probably just a bit crap. :tongue:
No, I much prefer coursework to exams. I'm even considering doing a BTEC in a subject I hate just so that there's less exams. I've been thinking about it all summer and I can't decide what to do, BTEC in science (hate it) or A Levels in psychology, sociology and english (still dont know if i should do lang or lit loool) but suffer through cramming and exams.

I do both English Language and English Literature (I got A in both in my AS Levels which I got today!) If you have any questions let me know :smile:
I do both English Language and English Literature (I got A in both in my AS Levels which I got today!) If you have any questions let me know :smile:

Congratulations! Which would you say is easier? :tongue: I can't choose which to do
Congratulations! Which would you say is easier? :tongue: I can't choose which to do

Hmm...English Literature is obviously a lot of reading and independent work whilst English Language involves memorising a lot of critical theories and theorists. I found English Language hardest at the start because it can feel like information overload haha, but now I really enjoy both subjects.

I would say English Literature is possibly harder but I think that also depends on the texts you study :smile:
Reply 12
anybody got any tips for writing the commentary for the a-level coursework, anything would be much appreciated:smile:
Hey , I am doing an AQA English Language this year..online...could you help with the NEA coursework please....I've picked a persuasive letter for the original writing...and children's language for the investigation?

Quick Reply

Latest