The Student Room Group

My journey at Uni

WELCOME TO MY UNIVERSITY BLOG/BUCKET-LIST!

After some of the most stressful days of my life I finally have found out that I have made it to the University of Bath to study Chemical Engineering.

BUCKET-LIST

This the list of all the things I want to do and achieve in this following term as figure out how to live by myself for the first term.

Learn to cook a curry (learn to cook in general tbh :headfire:)

Go to all my lectures (If I start to miss them, I don't trust myself to read up on what I missed)

Start a new sport or activity that I have never done before

Wake up somewhere, with no idea where I am (Just go absolutely crazy one night and end up in the middle of no where, probably not a good idea... :gasp:)

Visit some of my friends at their universities

Actually get a good nights sleep most days, no staying up until 4am watching top ten trees in the world or something like that.

Help out in a charity event, help organise a fun run or event.

Go on a pub crawl around the town

Win a free pizza!!!!

This is just a start, I will add more as I go through the term.

BLOG

The last few days have been very stressful in the build up to results day, and it was not a fun experience. I started to keep on having dreams of results day and whenever I wasn't doing anything I started to dwell on the results. I just tried to keep busy and keep my mind off of it but it didn't work a lot of the time. The night before results day I was just kept awake by my brain thinking over different scenarios that may play out and trying to workout what I got from my recollection of the exam and the leaked grade boundaries. At about 2 am I finally fell asleep after a lot of trying, but then I woke up at 4:30 and couldn't fall back asleep. I kept awake until about 6:30 when I started to get ready to leave for school. Then at 7:30 track opened and I found out I had gotten in :smile:.

The rest of the day was quite good, I went to Nando's for lunch with my friends for the free piece of chicken :awesome::eating:, it was really good... I then went to my friends house and played fortnite... which was quite fun. Afterwards I went home ate and got changed before going out to the pub to celebrate with basically every 18 year old in the town, it was really cool just seeing everyone and meeting people I haven't seen in years. The only problem was, that I was so tired from lack of sleep once I was in the club for a few hours I basically was falling asleep :sleep: even though the music was super loud.

I woke up at one and went on the TSR and saw free pizza and remembered enjoying reading other blogs so I wrote this.
I've now got to sort out my student bank and stuff and just wait to find out my accommodation. I'm looking forwards to this and I will update you all once I have found out more!!
Top ten trees :lol: Sometimes you need to stay up late finding out these things :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by Goz Unlimited
Top ten trees :lol: Sometimes you need to stay up late finding out these things :tongue:

It's important information that I definitely need to know...
Reply 3

WELCOME TO MY UNIVERSITY BLOG/BUCKET-LIST!

After some of the most stressful days of my life I finally have found out that I have made it to the University of Bath to study Chemical Engineering.

BUCKET-LIST

This the list of all the things I want to do and achieve in this following term as figure out how to live by myself for the first term.

Learn to cook a curry (learn to cook in general tbh )

Go to all my lectures (If I start to miss them, I don't trust myself to read up on what I missed)

Start a new sport or activity that I have never done before

Wake up somewhere, with no idea where I am (Just go absolutely crazy one night and end up in the middle of no where, probably not a good idea... )

Visit some of my friends at their universities

Actually get a good nights sleep most days, no staying up until 4am watching top ten trees in the world or something like that.

Help out in a charity event, help organise a fun run or event.

Go on a pub crawl around the town

Win a free pizza!!!!

This is just a start, I will add more as I go through the term.

BLOG

The countdown to uni is getting smaller and smaller and now in about two weeks time I will be leaving home :eek:... I've set up my bank account with Santander now and I got about a thousand letters from them... which was fun... Any way I'm just happy I finally got a contactless card. I've started buying kitchen stuff and making a list of all the things I'm going to need before going which is starting to feel quite daunting but also exciting.

I found out my accommodation which I'm happy about, I got my first choice so I'm pleased, and I've joined a couple accommodation group chats and found people in my accommodation and they all seem pretty friendly which is good cause I'll be living with them for the next year :smile:.

I'm now just starting to get ready for uni but apart from that there isn't much to update, I haven't started on my bucket list yet, I'm gonna wait till uni first. I'll update you when soon when it should all start changing...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending