The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by College_Dropout
Good luck with your A Levels. Not sure you will get the best grades with your thinking.

Just got my results and got 3 A’s but okay hun...
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
I know a few people are obviously students over the age of 40, but generally any thread I start where I’m trying to get through a procrastination episode to study I continuously get old men argue with me saying we all have it easy, back in their day it was harder, just seems these guys are board and decide to take it out on ppl they see as below them

bored*
Reply 22
Just don't listen to them. They just want to feel good about themselves and aren't much of help. :smile:
Students can be any age you know....
Just got my results and got 3 A’s but okay hun...

Original post by Bio 7
bored*

You're clearly telling the truth.
[QUOTE="College_Dropout;79385312"]You're clearly telling the truth.[/QUOT
Original post by College_Dropout
You're clearly telling the truth.

I am, I am also dyslexic but okay hun you judge me for using a word wrong on the internet
I am obnoxious but it doesn’t change the fact that they don’t need to be as*holes to alevel students on the internet

Can you post a link showing one of these exchanges between you. We can then have a look and see where its going wrong for you.

The thing is being obnoxious can sometimes push peoples buttons and they then get cross and will tell you that you've overstepped the mark. Its actually something teenagers are very good at, overstepping the mark. Its a period of development into adulthood that all teenagers go through but some are less confrontational than others. I'm sure you will hear phrases like 'one day you will realise how awful you have been' or 'when you grow up' etc But honestly who wants to be told theyre wrong/awful/vile etc?

Judging peoples personalities is a skill that takes years to learn. Some adults never get it. It's difficult because as a teenager you want to be heard. Some adults don't want to hear what you say and that causes conflict.

The best policy is 'always talk to people in the same way you would want to be spoken to'. It will save a lot of hassel and ill feelings.
Reply 27
I think you're being overdramatic here. This is an internet forum so you're going to get people who disagree with you.

Having said that, you can block people on here. That's the best way to deal with things.

For the record, you can be 40 and be a student. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
Back in the day there were less trolls.
Reply 29
Oh to be 40 again... :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by random_matt
Back in the day there were less trolls.

OOoooOOFfffFF
Original post by Doonesbury
Oh to be 40 again... :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same.
Old people in general aren’t students, obviously old people can still be students but they ain’t the people that come on my threads
Hmmm
Reply 33
I’m quite a way off 40 yet but personally I stick around to help answer finance/life type questions which a lot of students need to know but not many will have experience of yet. Questions about pensions, mortgages, investments etc. if this forums only had young people answering questions from other young people than there is a good chance the same incorrect information would get repeated around.
Old people in general aren’t students, obviously old people can still be students but they ain’t the people that come on my threads
Hmmm

And you can't give us an example? That would help solve your problem, otherwise this is a pointless thread where no answer to your question is found and and lots of arguments are started. Unless that is the intent of this thread?
Original post by Reue
I’m quite a way off 40 yet but personally I stick around to help answer finance/life type questions which a lot of students need to know but not many will have experience of yet. Questions about pensions, mortgages, investments etc. if this forums only had young people answering questions from other young people than there is a good chance the same incorrect information would get repeated around.

That's very true, older people have more experience as they have completed their student life and have the advantage of being able to look back at what was a good idea and what was bad. :yep:
I am obnoxious but it doesn’t change the fact that they don’t need to be as*holes to alevel students on the internet

Maybe if you stop hiding behind anonymous, then some of these people can put you on ignore or offer advice?
You could also put in your tagline that you dont want advice from older people? That might work.
wys i'm 18
Original post by 999tigger
Maybe if you stop hiding behind anonymous, then some of these people can put you on ignore or offer advice?
You could also put in your tagline that you dont want advice from older people? That might work.

I love anon I’m a coward xoxo
Original post by MadamePompadour
I'm not sure they are all 'old and not students'. I am what you consider old (over 40) but I am a student.

What sort of hate are you experiencing? I've had more nasty and vile comments off teenagers myself.

Hi mum

Latest

Trending

Trending