The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CanedianDoc
What do you mean by after clearing MMI please?

I gave an interview which is called the mini multiple interview (MMI) . I cleared that and got an offer.
Original post by Med-ude
Hehe thanks. Accepting my offer for now. Will have a look for one year. If it's not impressive then might just give ucat again and try for the next cycle.

Oh, make sure unis are okay with dropping out( if you ever do) . I believe not many UK unis would find it ideal, without reasonable explanation. 😊
Is it an unconditional offer?
Original post by Med-ude
Hehe thanks. Accepting my offer for now. Will have a look for one year. If it's not impressive then might just give ucat again and try for the next cycle.
Original post by HappyMedic2001
Oh, make sure unis are okay with dropping out( if you ever do) . I believe not many UK unis would find it ideal, without reasonable explanation. 😊

Ohh okay thanks a lot
Original post by Med-ude

There is almost no medical school who will accept an applicant who has previously started a medical degree elsewhere and even those that do do so on a case by case basis and expect significant extenuating circumstances
I was recently filling out the health questionnaire Aston sent and a server error occurred when I tried to upload digital evidence of my immunisations. Has this happened to anyone else, or is it just me?
Original post by GANFYD
There is almost no medical school who will accept an applicant who has previously started a medical degree elsewhere and even those that do do so on a case by case basis and expect significant extenuating circumstances

Alright. Thank you
Have you seen this questionnaire for UK medical school applicants (entry 2020)? It's about choosing between medical schools. https://bit.ly/2V8vBAj

It takes 20 minutes and is part of our academic research study about medical school admissions, called the UK Medical Applicant Cohort Study. The study is funded by the National Institute for Health Research and led by Dr Katherine Woolf from University College London (UCL).

The results will help future students apply to medical school and help the NHS get the best doctors. When you take part you can enter into a draw (lottery) to win Amazon vouchers (prizes: 2 x £500 vouchers, 5 x £250 vouchers and, 50 x £50 vouchers).

Students who've already filled in the questionnaire have said:
" I found this questionnaire helpful, it reminded me of why I wanted to apply to a medical school in the first place and my current set of skills to see what else I need to for my application. I hope my answers can help future medical students in any way."
" Very Interesting questionnaire, it helped me learn about myself and my choices more."
"This has helped me condense a lot of important information about medical schools."
" I enjoyed doing this questionnaire and I hope my response is useful. Thank you for the opportunity!"

The research team stores the information you provide securely and keeps it confidential. The study is NOT part of any medical school application process. The information you give will NOT be used to make any decisions about you that will affect your education or career. Your information will ONLY be used for academic research. For more information see the Study Information Sheet () and see the study website: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/medical-school...t-cohort-study.

There are two ways to complete the questionnaire, depending on whether or not you’re taking UCAT:
I’m NOT taking UCAT: Complete the questionnaire directly here: https://bit.ly/2V8vBAj
OR
I’m taking UCAT: when you book a test, you will be asked if the researchers can contact you; tick YES and they will send you a personalised link to the questionnaire for you to fill in. If you have already booked a UCAT test but have not received a personalised link, please complete the questionnaire directly here: https://bit.ly/2V8vBAj

Please only complete the questionnaire once.

Thank you in advance for assisting this important research project.

Thank you to the Student Room for allowing us to share our study on their website.

If you have any questions feel free to email the study [email protected]

The UK Medical Applicant Cohort Study is funded by the National Institute for Health Research (grant reference: CDF-2017-10-008) and based at UCL Medical School (UCL Research Ethics reference: 0511/014). The views expressed are those of the researchers and not necessarily those of the NIHR or the Department of Health and Social Care.
is it just for Aston applicants to do?
Original post by UCLMedResearch
Have you seen this questionnaire for UK medical school applicants (entry 2020)? It's about choosing between medical schools. https://bit.ly/2V8vBAj

It takes 20 minutes and is part of our academic research study about medical school admissions, called the UK Medical Applicant Cohort Study. The study is funded by the National Institute for Health Research and led by Dr Katherine Woolf from University College London (UCL).

The results will help future students apply to medical school and help the NHS get the best doctors. When you take part you can enter into a draw (lottery) to win Amazon vouchers (prizes: 2 x £500 vouchers, 5 x £250 vouchers and, 50 x £50 vouchers).

Students who've already filled in the questionnaire have said:
" I found this questionnaire helpful, it reminded me of why I wanted to apply to a medical school in the first place and my current set of skills to see what else I need to for my application. I hope my answers can help future medical students in any way."
" Very Interesting questionnaire, it helped me learn about myself and my choices more."
"This has helped me condense a lot of important information about medical schools."
" I enjoyed doing this questionnaire and I hope my response is useful. Thank you for the opportunity!"

The research team stores the information you provide securely and keeps it confidential. The study is NOT part of any medical school application process. The information you give will NOT be used to make any decisions about you that will affect your education or career. Your information will ONLY be used for academic research. For more information see the Study Information Sheet () and see the study website: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/medical-school...t-cohort-study.

There are two ways to complete the questionnaire, depending on whether or not you’re taking UCAT:
I’m NOT taking UCAT: Complete the questionnaire directly here: https://bit.ly/2V8vBAj
OR
I’m taking UCAT: when you book a test, you will be asked if the researchers can contact you; tick YES and they will send you a personalised link to the questionnaire for you to fill in. If you have already booked a UCAT test but have not received a personalised link, please complete the questionnaire directly here: https://bit.ly/2V8vBAj

Please only complete the questionnaire once.

Thank you in advance for assisting this important research project.

Thank you to the Student Room for allowing us to share our study on their website.

If you have any questions feel free to email the study [email protected]

The UK Medical Applicant Cohort Study is funded by the National Institute for Health Research (grant reference: CDF-2017-10-008) and based at UCL Medical School (UCL Research Ethics reference: 0511/014). The views expressed are those of the researchers and not necessarily those of the NIHR or the Department of Health and Social Care.
Has anyone completed the occupational health questionnaire and received their vaccinations yet. I have a got an email today with deadline of 31st July.
I haven’t done it yet , and I received the same.
Do they mean that even the evidence of immunisation must be sent by 31 of July?
Original post by Abzash
Has anyone completed the occupational health questionnaire and received their vaccinations yet. I have a got an email today with deadline of 31st July.
That is the main confusion and there is no template for the questionnaire for the GP to sign off. Will he have to make the certificate by himself.
Original post by Someone07
I haven’t done it yet , and I received the same.
Do they mean that even the evidence of immunisation must be sent by 31 of July?
No idea. I sent in the questionnaire about a week ago and they said someone will be contacting me shortly, but never received a response
I sent my occ health questionnaire in late last week and received a call from PAM group today asking me to book a phone appointment with one of their doctors.

did anyone else find the questionnaire annoying in the fact that you couldn't go back and check/change your answers?
Original post by Abzash
That is the main confusion and there is no template for the questionnaire for the GP to sign off. Will he have to make the certificate by himself.

Your GP is likely to just provide a printout of the date your immunisations were given. And there is possibly going to be a small charge for them to check it is correct
Did anyone else here get a server error when they tried to submit their DBS form? If so, how did you fix it? It is really frustrating trying to submit it internationally...
If it’s an official copy you can scan and email it in
anyone else having trouble with their occupational health questionnaire?
Not anymore, no. What exactly are you struggling with? I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the issue is with uploading evidence. You need to save each scan as a pdf; it's the only document format the system accepts. Hope this helps xx
Hi guys! So I insured Aston but got an email from them, asking me to book for accommodation just in case. Which residence is popular with medical students?

Latest

Trending

Trending