The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CanedianDoc
is it just for Aston applicants to do?

Hi,
sorry for the delay in getting back to you - only just seen your question, sorry.
No, not just for Aston applicants. It is for anyone who is a) applying to a UK medical school b) resident in the UK (or Channel Islands) and c) aged 16 or over.
Thanks for your interest!
Is UCAS TRACK WORKING FOR YOU? I
Original post by nagla222
Is UCAS TRACK WORKING FOR YOU? I

Track is going down in preparation for SQA results day on the 6th of August.
Yes you can, but results from other programmes are being processed at the moment. It should be back to normal within a few days. I'd think about your choice a bit more though. Given that you've applied to medicine, I don't really know what course you're hoping to get into through adjustment. Of course, the decision's still up to you. Best of luck xx
Honestly, I wouldn't try it. Very few med schools allow people to apply through clearing, and those eligible still have to do interviews. This is an already long and stressful process (as you're already aware), and adjustment is essentially out of the question when it comes to Medicine. Imo you should be grateful for the offer you have, as these opportunities do not come around for every applicant. Medicine at any school is a privilege. The only real way to get into another Med school with higher grades is to reapply for next year, sorry.
(edited 4 years ago)
Ok, my bad. I misinterpreted the question. Email your preffered university about your situation. But for now, I wouldn't worry about it. UCAS track is down for a few days, so it'll probably update when it is back up. If the AAA uni is your firm choice, it will sort itself out.
Dude, chill. I'm just trying to help. I told you UCAS will update, meaning that your offer (by email!) will also be updated. No need to get snappy about it.
Then clarify which one is the firm choice, and which one is the insurance! All you needed to say was that Aston is your firm unconditional (that I'm assumming you no longer want), and that your insurance (AAA, email offer) has now changed their mind, and you now want to go to them. Use the 'decline your place' button in Track.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/what-clearing/declining-your-firm-place-track
(edited 4 years ago)
You can't just say 'again' if you never made it clear in the first place. I really can't help you out here. If it isn't firm or insurance, then I don't see how you can go to it at all. Unless you've also applied outside of UCAS? Anyway, hope you can get the answer you've been looking for.
Has anyone heard back after filling in the health questionnaire? I emailed aston a few days ago, they said the PAM group is confirming details with them. I know this is one of the conditions of the offer so I'm not sure if everything will be sorted out before results day
Original post by prudence.lsh
Has anyone heard back after filling in the health questionnaire? I emailed aston a few days ago, they said the PAM group is confirming details with them. I know this is one of the conditions of the offer so I'm not sure if everything will be sorted out before results day

I had a call from them a couple of days after completing the questionnaire and they asked me to book an appointment with one of PAM's doctors (they had a couple of things they wanted to talk about). I had the appointment this week and they said everything's fine and they'll send a report to Aston.

Honestly I'm not sure how it would go if they didn't need to clarify some things but I imagine if there was anything wrong they would contact you
I am an international student, maybe that is why they did not call me although I have a uk number. thanks!

Original post by sonority
I had a call from them a couple of days after completing the questionnaire and they asked me to book an appointment with one of PAM's doctors (they had a couple of things they wanted to talk about). I had the appointment this week and they said everything's fine and they'll send a report to Aston.

Honestly I'm not sure how it would go if they didn't need to clarify some things but I imagine if there was anything wrong they would contact you
Original post by sonority

I haven’t heard anything back from them and I’m in the UK. Does that mean that I haven’t got a place or is because they’re my insurance offer?
Original post by Orangeiswhite
I haven’t heard anything back from them and I’m in the UK. Does that mean that I haven’t got a place or is because they’re my insurance offer?

I'm wondering if it's just that they don't contact you if they don't need to discuss anything about your occ health. I'm not sure that it would have anything to do with whether your offer is firm or insurance but honestly, I'm not 100 percent

Have you contacted PAM group or Aston? They might be able to give you a proper answer
Hi guys, I've got an offer from aston but didnt compelte the health questionnaire. Do you think this affects my offer?
Original post by steinsgate
Hi guys, I've got an offer from aston but didnt compelte the health questionnaire. Do you think this affects my offer?

No. still time to the end of August where some universities still invite people for the interview and send offers and they should do the same later on. Did you achieve your grades?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by sayyarab
No. still time to the end of August where some universities still invite people for the interview and send offers and they should do the same later on. Did you achieve your grades?

Thanks you so much for this. No I'm waiting for my grades to come out tommorrow :s I'm a retake and I think I got AAB so I'm a bit nervous whether I'd still get accepted by Aston. Inshallah kheir.
Hey guys I got 3As but UCAS still hasn’t updated yet for me anyone else or just me tried calling but pretty helpless
Original post by Notsuretbh
Hey guys I got 3As but UCAS still hasn’t updated yet for me anyone else or just me tried calling but pretty helpless

Aston sent me a text message to confirm and mine has updated on UCAS, I would call Aston to ask them
Original post by Notsuretbh

Same!! I got the grades but my ucas hasnt updated! Hoping it will update soon

Latest

Trending

Trending