The Student Room Group

What are the most fun/social University societies?

Going to Manchester Uni and I need new friends innit. I wouldn't mind a sporting one either. The actual activity doesn't bother me. I just want something with social people. Preferably with a mix of boys/girls but that's not essential
Reply 1
The more 'alternative' sports clubs are good fun, I do korfball and ultimate frisbee. Because we don't take it as seriously as football or rugby, the people that join are usually laid back and very social.
Reply 2
UOTC or the Officer Training Corps is a great organisation to join at uni if you're into that sort of thing.

It's run by the army but you get to do leadership and field training and that sort of thing all whilst getting paid. Solid socials most weeks and you can get paid to go skiing skydiving or whatever else you can think of tbh, kind of doubles up as a part time job
Original post by Erik28
The more 'alternative' sports clubs are good fun, I do korfball and ultimate frisbee. Because we don't take it as seriously as football or rugby, the people that join are usually laid back and very social.

I was recommended korfball. I tried kickboxing too. The sessions were fun but aside from that nobody talked. Same with the gaming society
Reply 4
Original post by lucabrasi98
I was recommended korfball. I tried kickboxing too. The sessions were fun but aside from that nobody talked. Same with the gaming society

Sorry to hear that, granted I'm not at Manchester so may be different where you go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending