The Student Room Group

Missing freshers

Is it bad to miss the whole of freshers week? Long story short I’m arriving just after it’s finished and people in a gc are all talking about it and my anxiety is through the roof. I don’t have any close friends now and was counting on uni to save me from that, so I’m overthinking the hell out of it.
Ftr I’m going to Strathclyde :smile:
Original post by dartagnankillian
Is it bad to miss the whole of freshers week? Long story short I’m arriving just after it’s finished and people in a gc are all talking about it and my anxiety is through the roof. I don’t have any close friends now and was counting on uni to save me from that, so I’m overthinking the hell out of it.
Ftr I’m going to Strathclyde :smile:

You might miss registration then. How did this happen ...?
Original post by Muttley79
You might miss registration then. How did this happen ...?

I live 500 miles away and due to my twin sister also going to uni (later in the month) I can’t afford to go any earlier :smile:
I live 500 miles away and due to my twin sister also going to uni (later in the month) I can’t afford to go any earlier :smile:

Have you got permission to arrive late?
Have you got permission to arrive late?

I’m not missing much so it’s fine :smile: and it doesn’t matter anyway, there’s nothing I can do 🤷🏽*♀️
(edited 5 years ago)
I’m not missing much so it’s fine :smile: and it doesn’t matter anyway, there’s nothing I can do 🤷🏽*♀️

Are you sure - wont you miss compulsory events like registration?
Are you sure - wont you miss compulsory events like registration?

No :smile: all I need to register is to pick up my student card. I will have to ring up SFE as it could impact when I get my loan but as I said, at the end of the day I can’t do anything about it and the uni is already informed :smile:
I would speak to the uni. I know in my case if a student doesnt turn up for registration (first day of freshers) it causes major student finance issues
Original post by niteninja1
I would speak to the uni. I know in my case if a student doesnt turn up for registration (first day of freshers) it causes major student finance issues

I’ve contacted them, I think I’m going to contact SFE. Uni for me starts on the 8th (I’ll be registering on the 14th) so perhaps it might be okay bc it isn’t after the first loan payment is due 🤷🏽*♀️
I’ve contacted them, I think I’m going to contact SFE. Uni for me starts on the 8th (I’ll be registering on the 14th) so perhaps it might be okay bc it isn’t after the first loan payment is due 🤷🏽*♀️

I know at my uni. Starting 2days late delayed a guys student loan by 2weeks
Original post by niteninja1
I know at my uni. Starting 2days late delayed a guys student loan by 2weeks

I rang them and they said it was fine bc I’m still arriving 10 days before the loan payment :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending