The Student Room Group

My Friend is delusional or her GCSES

Idk if she is pretending or she actually misinterpreted the whole system even after 2 years. She got 2 2s, a 1, 2 3s and 1 4. But she told her parents that 1 is the highest you can get and 9 the lowest. Her parents arent British and have no clue about this so they are extremely proud, are going to throw a party for her, and they are going to buy her an iphone. Whats worst is that when they were talking with my mother they were laughing about other students who achieved 8s and 9s thinking they were the best grades. My mom was too polite to correct them.
Should I do somethihng? They will have to realise eventually....
Interesting situation.

I’d leave it, let her be happy, it’ll all come down on her when she needs to use those grades for something, or gets caught up in her own lie.
Yes but she called one of her friends retarded for getting 7,8 and 9s and keeps bragging all the time
Original post by richardsmith
Yes but she called one of her friends retarded for getting 7,8 and 9s and keeps bragging all the time

just for that I'd tell her that in fact, she failed her GCSEs.
She must know the way it works. It's surely explained multiple times during the years spent studying for the exams.

Although I can somewhat understand how it would sound right that 1 was the highest grade. It's like the lowest point in the alphabet was the highest grade before, so it sounds right.

She has no chance of keeping it secret though. There will be someone who her parents talk to who know the truth.. plus what's she going to do for college? She's not going to get in anywhere with those grades is she?

Quick Reply

Latest