The Student Room Group

My bf “stalked” another girl

My boyfriend follows my best friend on Instagram. She posted a story with her friend. Let’s call her Cindy. Keep in mind I have never met or spoken to cindy. Cindy’s Instagram acc is public. She was seeing who viewed her story and saw some random guy but he follows my best friend. She asked her and my best friend saw that it was my bf. She sent me a screen recording today and was like why is ur bf stalking my friend. First of all I think stalking is over exaggerating and second of all when I confronted him he said it’s not a big deal. What do u guys think
Reply 1
i dont think its a big deal

however ,

it could be something bigger than what he makes it look like but lets look it on the safer side and could've possibly just been looking at her account , and without bad intentions, but you should take a watch if his viewing of her profile is more frequent ! :u:
Original post by Gigi310
My boyfriend follows my best friend on Instagram. She posted a story with her friend. Let’s call her Cindy. Keep in mind I have never met or spoken to cindy. Cindy’s Instagram acc is public. She was seeing who viewed her story and saw some random guy but he follows my best friend. She asked her and my best friend saw that it was my bf. She sent me a screen recording today and was like why is ur bf stalking my friend. First of all I think stalking is over exaggerating and second of all when I confronted him he said it’s not a big deal. What do u guys think

Personally I think it’s a big deal, other than yourself and maybe if he has female friends I don’t see a particular reason to why he should be following a “particular or specific girl” and what maybe the purposes behind it who knows.
Original post by Mohammed_80
Personally I think it’s a big deal, other than yourself and maybe if he has female friends I don’t see a particular reason to why he should be following a “particular or specific girl” and what maybe the purposes behind it who knows.

He didn’t follow her. Her account is public. He just saw her story. He only follows my best friend. And my best friend posted a story with the girl and tagged her.
Original post by Gigi310
He didn’t follow her. Her account is public. He just saw her story. He only follows my best friend. And my best friend posted a story with the girl and tagged her.

Why even see the story to be honest…I can understand your bestfriend if you both are comfortable with him following her then yeah but then even if he got tagged don’t you find it awkward…
You don’t own him
Reply 6
Original post by Gigi310

Then it's a complete non-story and nothing about which to go 'confronting' your bf. What's your problem with it?
He's done nothing wrong. Not even worth bringing it up to him in conversation.
Original post by Little pecker
You don’t own him

Yeah Ik but why is he looking at other girls insta story. He saw all 3 stories she posted. I understand if it was some chick on his feed but he went and opened the tagged account of the girl willingly.
Original post by Gigi310
Yeah Ik but why is he looking at other girls insta story. He saw all 3 stories she posted. I understand if it was some chick on his feed but he went and opened the tagged account of the girl willingly.

Boredom. Curiosity. Thinking she seemed cool. It doesn't need to be anything suspicious.
Original post by 1582
Boredom. Curiosity. Thinking she seemed cool. It doesn't need to be anything suspicious.

Ik I think my best friend is filling my head. I defended my bf and she was like “I’m getting second hand embarrassment from how your defending him and he’s been acting weird lately plus this is how it all starts” the more I kept on saying he didn’t do anything wrong and that literally everyone does it plus her friends account was public she said I sound delusional. My bf got upset and he unfollowed her on insta. She said he got upset cus he got caught
Original post by Gigi310
Ik I think my best friend is filling my head. I defended my bf and she was like “I’m getting second hand embarrassment from how your defending him and he’s been acting weird lately plus this is how it all starts” the more I kept on saying he didn’t do anything wrong and that literally everyone does it plus her friends account was public she said I sound delusional. My bf got upset and he unfollowed her on insta. She said he got upset cus he got caught

Yikes, your friend does not understand social etiquette. It sounds more like she doesn't like him so is trying to convince you he isn't any good. Regardless of her motivation, falsely accusing and/or dissing your mate's partner is a big no and your relationship is none of her business. She passed on the information and that's where her involvement should have stopped. You know your boyfriend better than she does. If you trust him then don't let her plant the seed of discord.
Original post by Gigi310

Think youre being unreasonable tbh
Original post by Gigi310

Get with me instead

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending