The Student Room Group

Um... Will My Grades Get Me On Drag Race, Or A King Charles II Party?

Hello! My name is Emily, I'm a year 13 student (year 12 for you English and Welsh kids out there), and I'm from Northern Ireland (where we do things a bit differently). Today I chose my A level subjects, and shall be discussing them further down.

My hobbies and interests:

Spoiler

GCSE results:

Spoiler

For my A Levels, I shall be studying History [CCEA], Media Studies [WJEC] and Applied ICT [Cambridge]. I chose these subjects as I want to do something new, and also get more involved in the Media world (especially now as I won't be distracted by having to also study the general subjects such as English and Maths), and I have a love of History thanks to Horrible Histories. I have no idea what the courses are like so I'm waiting to start them before wondering about what grades I would like to try and achieve.

That's all for now! - I shall be editing this once I've sorted out goals and other things. Please comment (or is it reply?!) if you would like to be added to my tag list!
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

iconic title :smile:

defo tag me please!!! |-/
Original post by clouddbubbles
iconic title :smile:

defo tag me please!!! |-/

I shall!! Are you gonna see tøp on tour next year??
Original post by emilynxlan
I shall!! Are you gonna see tøp on tour next year??

sooo i was gonna go with two friends but there were miscommunications and they got tickets but i didn’t lol

no big deal, #unpopularopinion i’m not that into the trench era, more their old stuff

hopefully if they do some festivals in the future (like they did reading and leeds in 2016) i can see them? i prefer festivals to concerts anyway lol
Original post by clouddbubbles
sooo i was gonna go with two friends but there were miscommunications and they got tickets but i didn’t lol

no big deal, #unpopularopinion i’m not that into the trench era, more their old stuff

hopefully if they do some festivals in the future (like they did reading and leeds in 2016) i can see them? i prefer festivals to concerts anyway lol

Awk that's so sad! It's my first time seeing them as it's their first time playing in the SSE Arena which is for every age.
Awk that's so sad! It's my first time seeing them as it's their first time playing in the SSE Arena which is for every age.

yeah well they were no where near me anyway so it would’ve had to be london and 02, or 02 academy brixton :smile:
Weeeeeeell there's been a slight change of events...

Only 2 other people chose Moving Images as an A Level so I needed to choose another A Level :eek:

But I can now confirm I am taking HISTORY! I almost got 100% in the exam in June so it's a given really.

Tags:

Spoiler

aw i'll be following!
Original post by pinegrove
aw i'll be following!

Hieeeee!
Well, I'm not saying I'm an expert in either field, but... :wink::wink:

(good luck with your GYG!!)
Original post by Jinkx Monsoon
Well, I'm not saying I'm an expert in either field, but... :wink::wink:

(good luck with your GYG!!)

Thank you!!
Quick update! I won't be starting until the 7th now rather than the 3rd so there is a slight delay in this GYG starting! :s-smilie:

It's something to do with the school not finishing making schedules on time... makes the new principal look good doesn't it? :facepalm::rofl3:

I don't believe this has actually happened before in the school's 52 years of being open, so why now?

Anywhoooo, question of the day, what's your favourite smiley?
I love this one the most :soap:

Tags:

Spoiler

Monday 10th September 2018 - first day back!

Well I can easily say today went great! I (finally) got my schedule and went to every single class feeling confident in myself. Luckily all of the teachers taking me I have had before bar one (my Media studies teacher), so it wasn't a scary experience meeting them.

M E D I A S T U D I E S
them. This was my first class of the day and we just went over the course, and told what we'd need to do for the coursework. I can guiltily say (is that even a phrase) I already know what type of product I'll be advertising...

I C T
My second class was ICT, and we just made coverpages for Units 1 & 2. For some strange reason, half of my class are going to miss Monday classes as they have beauty on at the same time. Do my school know how to schedule stuff properly?!

C A R E E R S
We just updated our CVs with the correct GCSE grades, added our A Levels and changed a few contact details if needed. Pretty relaxed class overall.

H I S T O R Y
History was just an introduction to what we are doing this year. This is the only class I have with a guy from the boy's school so it was a shock seeing one in my class for the first time :eek:

S T U D Y P E R I O D
Now this was a pretty nice thing to have last class as I can get a start on my homework and coursework. I managed to get my MacBook easily connected to the school WiFi but some things I need to access are still blocked so hopefully it's sorted tomorrow.

So, um, yeah, QOTD: Have you ever tried Tayto? (the crisps)

Tags:

Spoiler

Thursday 13th September 2018 - one more day to go...

Today was another good day! I haven't actually updated in the past 2 days because I was half day on Tuesday and yesterday was hectic! :redface: It took me until nearly 10pm to finish my ICT work, make media notes & fix my spelling errors. Glad to say I finished a weeks worth of ICT in a day - AND went over the minimum pages required!

M E D I A S T U D I E S
We worked on a mini game where we organised printed advertisements into different categories, then read from the textbook and asked questions. Pretty chill day I guess.

I C T
Second ICT teacher took us today. Started looking at webpages and how they can be made 'good'. Class had a major discussion on what does make a webpage look good and different features they had. Homework is to look at different webpages and write about them.

R E L I G I O N / S T U D Y
The teacher just asked us questions to make the classes 'relevant', before just letting us do our own work.

H I S T O R Y
We finished reading the background information booklet and watched a few clips. Starting the hard stuff tomorrow!

S T U D Y P E R I O D
I just finished my media homework draft from yesterday. Luckily it's not due until next week so no panic to type it up :biggrin:

Question of the day: worst chocolate bar in your opinion?

Tags:

Spoiler

is there a worst chocolate bar?!
i'd have to say hershey's...it tastes so watered down yuckkkk

Friday 14th September 2018 - a year since I met R5!
Success! I managed to get quite a lot done today, despite also slacking in a lot of areas. We're out early on a Tuesday and a Friday so there isn't as many classes as the past few days.

M E D I A S T U D I E S
Looked at types of editing in movies and tv shows, and also made jokes on menopause, sugar daddies/mummies and what sixth year is like

I C T
Started our work on the webpage essay thing. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't do anything for it because I was too busy fixing my notes on the M&S website layout...

H I S T O R Y
So that 'hard stuff' I mentioned yesterday? It was just a breeze over a page and a pop quiz.

S T U D Y P E R I O D
I typed up my media homework draft and got out for lunch 5 minutes early!

On another non-education note, I went shopping after school with my mummy as I got out at 2 to pick some things up that we needed. I got a new water bottle as my idiotic self smashed my last one, a new a4 folder for my media studies stuff as I managed to crack it down the spine so plastic was everywhere in my bag , an issue of Vogue so I could pick out cosmetics adverts to analyse in preparation for my next Media coursework class, and £400ish worth of jewellery for presents (yeah I totally picked my Pandora charms for my Christmas present, but at least my mother doesn't have to worry about it). I managed to get my sister a stars bracelet for her birthday soon. I also grabbed an awful lot of fruit in the local fruit store to eat over the weekend/next week.

Question of the day: favourite & least favourite grocery store chains? I adore M&S as it just seems to be cleaner, better laid out, has that bit more variety and seems to have a better range of snacky foods but can't stand Asda at all as every store I go to is a mess, products seem to always be expired/nearly expired, layout is terrible and it just lacks in the snacky food section.
Tags because they wouldn't add properly on my last post: @pinegrove @Jinkx Monsoon @cloudbubbles @mez_merising

Friday 14th September 2018 - a year since I met R5!
Success! I managed to get quite a lot done today, despite also slacking in a lot of areas. We're out early on a Tuesday and a Friday so there isn't as many classes as the past few days.

M E D I A S T U D I E S
Looked at types of editing in movies and tv shows, and also made jokes on menopause, sugar daddies/mummies and what sixth year is like

I C T
Started our work on the webpage essay thing. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't do anything for it because I was too busy fixing my notes on the M&S website layout...

H I S T O R Y
So that 'hard stuff' I mentioned yesterday? It was just a breeze over a page and a pop quiz.

S T U D Y P E R I O D
I typed up my media homework draft and got out for lunch 5 minutes early!

On another non-education note, I went shopping after school with my mummy as I got out at 2 to pick some things up that we needed. I got a new water bottle as my idiotic self smashed my last one, a new a4 folder for my media studies stuff as I managed to crack it down the spine so plastic was everywhere in my bag , an issue of Vogue so I could pick out cosmetics adverts to analyse in preparation for my next Media coursework class, and £400ish worth of jewellery for presents (yeah I totally picked my Pandora charms for my Christmas present, but at least my mother doesn't have to worry about it). I managed to get my sister a stars bracelet for her birthday soon. I also grabbed an awful lot of fruit in the local fruit store to eat over the weekend/next week.

Question of the day: favourite & least favourite grocery store chains? I adore M&S as it just seems to be cleaner, better laid out, has that bit more variety and seems to have a better range of snacky foods but can't stand Asda at all as every store I go to is a mess, products seem to always be expired/nearly expired, layout is terrible and it just lacks in the snacky food section.

love m&s tho it’s sooooo expensive. man aldi/Lidl for the win but queuing is a nightmare.
Original post by mez_merising
love m&s tho it’s sooooo expensive. man aldi/Lidl for the win but queuing is a nightmare.

I've never stepped foot in an Aldi.
i'd like to be tagged please:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending