The Student Room Group

MSc 2:2 What are my chances?

Hello!
So I am a EU citizen currently studying in Canada in Computer Science in Information Systems (so 2/3 of classes are Computer science based and 1/3 are business/commerce based) at Concordia University. The average of the program is C+ (2.3 GPA) and I am currently at 2.62. I really really want to do a master in Ireland or Scotland. I am very scared when I saw the requirements because I have no idea if UK universities have knowledge of my university and its level but I am above average. Although according to UK grade I am barely in the 2:2 (I saw it was a 2.7 GPA). Do I have any chance to make it?

The masters I would be interested in are: International Business Management.
I am very interested in learning more in depth about business management as I think it is key with computer science.

I have 2 internship experiences: in France and in Canada. My grades doesn't represent my capability to learn and execute as I have anxiety disorder which explains how I do so well on assignments and so poorly on examen (even with medication).

So I would like to know your opinions, thoughts, any good uni that I would be able to get in, or if it isn't possible for me?

Thanks!
Reply 1
You can still pusue the MSc, there are universities that do accept a 2.2. It's just a matter of researching the ones that do and contacting them.
Reply 2
Original post by H.a.hx
You can still pusue the MSc, there are universities that do accept a 2.2. It's just a matter of researching the ones that do and contacting them.

Oh So I can contact Universities?
Because I am interested in Aberdeen MSc but I have no clue how to approach them!
Reply 3
Original post by nlemon22
Oh So I can contact Universities?
Because I am interested in Aberdeen MSc but I have no clue how to approach them!

Yes ofcourse, you phone admissions line or email admissions. The details will be on the course/department page.
Reply 4
Original post by H.a.hx
Yes ofcourse, you phone admissions line or email admissions. The details will be on the course/department page.

I will try right away!

Also, do you have any recommendation of good universities for Msc in Management ?

I am not sure how important/how good the university must be to have better chance of employment.
Reply 5
Original post by nlemon22
I will try right away!

Also, do you have any recommendation of good universities for Msc in Management ?

I am not sure how important/how good the university must be to have better chance of employment.

Sorry I am not best to ask for business courses, I come from a physics background. You can look at indiviual courses and universities to see which one suits you. As well as the course, experience is really imporant in terms of employability which you said you have.
Reply 6
Original post by H.a.hx
Sorry I am not best to ask for business courses, I come from a physics background. You can look at indiviual courses and universities to see which one suits you. As well as the course, experience is really imporant in terms of employability which you said you have.

Oh I see! I am in Computer Science in Information Systems: so I have all basic business/commerce classes covered with a computer science background. Oh great! I'm thinking of doing a 3rd one summer 2019!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending