The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Can I get accepted to queen mary when my a-level grades don't meet the requirements?

I am applying for accounting and finance for second year entry in queen mary university. I already have my real A-level grades

1. Even if I don't meet the requirements would the admissions team even look at my personal statement at least?

2. Even though I don't meet the requirements what are the chances of me being accepted given that my personal statement is extremely good and I give valid reasons as to why my a-level grades were low? (I had severe family issues)
Original post by King Ivar
I am applying for accounting and finance for second year entry in queen mary university. I already have my real A-level grades

1. Even if I don't meet the requirements would the admissions team even look at my personal statement at least?

2. Even though I don't meet the requirements what are the chances of me being accepted given that my personal statement is extremely good and I give valid reasons as to why my a-level grades were low? (I had severe family issues)

1 you need to ring them to ask
2 extenuating circumstances should be in your reference not your PS.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by King Ivar

if it helps - My academic records are average, 7.31/10 CPGA (plus it was entirely distance learning) which is barely the requirement for the course I applied (Msc Artificial Intelligence) but I still received unconditional offer letter. Though a part of me believes it's because I have strong records for proving my knowledge (projects and publications) and a strong statement of purpose (took me 10 days), they considered my application. I believe you stand a good chance. If I got accepted, you should have an easier time getting in.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending