Higher Modern Studies 2018-19 Watch

Bc2602
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm new to higher modern studies and I need a topic for my assignment I'm thinking about something to do with social issues but I'm not sure what, any advice?
SQAstudent
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bc2602)
I'm new to higher modern studies and I need a topic for my assignment I'm thinking about something to do with social issues but I'm not sure what, any advice?
I recommend doing a really basic topic I think it’s really easy to compare sources and suggest new policies
I’m doing what the government should do to try and increase voter turnout
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Courtj345
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Has anyone started their assignment yet? What do you do for background and framing?
SQAstudent
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Courtj345)
Has anyone started their assignment yet? What do you do for background and framing?
Well I don’t know what framing is? But for background its essentially 5 fast s which you need to remember to introduce the topic of you assignment. For example mine is about voter turnout so I’ve spoken about how its low and given statistics, how voter turnout is in other countries, statistics on why its low ect, its essentially just explaining the issue which you are choosing to propose three option for the government to implement
Lucyy26
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm doing mine about Scottish independence but I'm not sure about the structure as it hasn't been well explained to us. Would anyone be able to explain the general structure to me please?
Courtj345
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lucyy26)
I'm doing mine about Scottish independence but I'm not sure about the structure as it hasn't been well explained to us. Would anyone be able to explain the general structure to me please?
I’m also doing Scottish Independence and idek what to write for the background and framing
Lucyy26
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Courtj345)
I’m also doing Scottish Independence and idek what to write for the background and framing
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I have no idea what i'm doing
gemmab2002
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows roughly how long the assignment should be?
Piplup7
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by gemmab2002)
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows roughly how long the assignment should be?
Hi, I was wondering the exact same thing! My assignment is currently just slightly over 3000 words which I thought was a bit too much but my Modern Studies teacher says that it’s fine.
gemmab2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Piplup7)
Hi, I was wondering the exact same thing! My assignment is currently just slightly over 3000 words which I thought was a bit too much but my Modern Studies teacher says that it’s fine.
Hi, I’m only about 2/3 of the way through mine and it’s about 1500 words and I was starting to panic it’s not long enough. I my modern teacher says she cannot comment on how long it should be, I have two teachers so will try to ask the other.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I've done the write-up. It took me around 1 hour and 20 minutes to write around 2200 words. This gave me around 10 minutes at the end to quickly read it through. I think as long as it is under 3000 words and you are well prepared, you should be fine. If you're still not certain - a couple of nights before the write-up have a trial run and see if you can do it in 1 hour 30 mins.
gemmab2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, thank you feel better about it know I’ve heard from someone who has done it. I ask my other teacher today and she said basically to write as much as you possibly could in the time.
SQAstudent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Anyone else doing crime? I’m finding this custodial and non custodial essay difficult
Courtj345
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SQAstudent)
Anyone else doing crime? I’m finding this custodial and non custodial essay difficult
I’m doing crime and I find it difficult too it’s hard to understand and write essays on it
Cpaterson
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm really struggling on the assignment, the reasons to support my option make no sense. Everytime I type a paragraph it seems to repeat the same point as last time. Any help would be appreciated it.
SQAstudent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Cpaterson)
I'm really struggling on the assignment, the reasons to support my option make no sense. Everytime I type a paragraph it seems to repeat the same point as last time. Any help would be appreciated it.
What is your topic?
SQAstudent
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
My assignment is around 2700 words I’ve handed a phew drafts in but don’t have a clue how many marks my whole assignment would be worth, it’s a lot to remember idk if I’ll manage
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (82)
58.99%
No (57)
41.01%

Watched Threads