The Student Room Group

Revision help!!

I've done every method of revision and they don't help I need help asap like gcses were easy and and AS levels it was hard and they let me on EVEN though I failed I'm struggling I get distracted really quick and can't be put off task by the smallest thing can anyone give me some advice thanks guyss
Original post by sulimanshah
I've done every method of revision and they don't help I need help asap like gcses were easy and and AS levels it was hard and they let me on EVEN though I failed I'm struggling I get distracted really quick and can't be put off task by the smallest thing can anyone give me some advice thanks guyss

What A levels do you take?
try and see life as just revision, only squeezing in time for sleeping, eating, showering, a tiny bit of relaxing etc. and this is kinda weird but helped me.. imagine yourself working the next day like try and get your mindset on you being a productive person and plan what kinda things you're gonna do the night before. think about how every tiny bit of revision you're doing you are improving and don't get discouraged by the amount of work to do. think of the benefits of working hard too
Reply 3
Original post by Sergio000
What A levels do you take?

I'm taking Psychology, sociology and religious studies, psycho and sociology are AQA and RS being wjec
Reply 4
Original post by rebeccatwsykes
try and see life as just revision, only squeezing in time for sleeping, eating, showering, a tiny bit of relaxing etc. and this is kinda weird but helped me.. imagine yourself working the next day like try and get your mindset on you being a productive person and plan what kinda things you're gonna do the night before. think about how every tiny bit of revision you're doing you are improving and don't get discouraged by the amount of work to do. think of the benefits of working hard too

Thanks for that I'll keep that in mind thanks😁😁
I'm taking Psychology, sociology and religious studies, psycho and sociology are AQA and RS being wjec

Just to clarify, what types of revision did you actually try to use during your studies, this might actually be useful information as it might indicate what type of learner you are and could help us with more ideas relating to how you can take advantage of the type of learning you excel at
Reply 6
Original post by Bradley00
Just to clarify, what types of revision did you actually try to use during your studies, this might actually be useful information as it might indicate what type of learner you are and could help us with more ideas relating to how you can take advantage of the type of learning you excel at

I made different types of mind maps and made notes in different colours that gave me no help I used other people's notes but like that was much harder you see I also watched some videos but they were just too complicated
I made different types of mind maps and made notes in different colours that gave me no help I used other people's notes but like that was much harder you see I also watched some videos but they were just too complicated

Hmm, why dont you try creating Quizzes? Maybe this will help you out, I know it definitely helped me out. I used an app called Quizlet to help me create my own knowledge tests.
Thanks for that I'll keep that in mind thanks😁😁

you're welcome; in terms of types of revision, I think for starters just read the textbook and make notes if you haven't already. the act of writing out all the information in your own words w bullet points/tables whatever and reading it back I've found has been the most effective for me. also I'd say don't waste time on making them look pretty, they're there to help you learn not look nice. after you've read through everything you'll start to grasp the majority of it. don't stress about not remembering every word, also maybe try read a small section, put it down and repeat it as if you were trying to explain it to someone. only then can you go on to answering questions and testing yourself - don't rush to do this like most people do
Reply 9
Original post by Bradley00
Hmm, why dont you try creating Quizzes? Maybe this will help you out, I know it definitely helped me out. I used an app called Quizlet to help me create my own knowledge tests.

I haven't thought of that thanks for.that I'll try now
Original post by rebeccatwsykes
you're welcome; in terms of types of revision, I think for starters just read the textbook and make notes if you haven't already. the act of writing out all the information in your own words w bullet points/tables whatever and reading it back I've found has been the most effective for me. also I'd say don't waste time on making them look pretty, they're there to help you learn not look nice. after you've read through everything you'll start to grasp the majority of it. don't stress about not remembering every word, also maybe try read a small section, put it down and repeat it as if you were trying to explain it to someone. only then can you go on to answering questions and testing yourself - don't rush to do this like most people do

I'll try that now hopefully it works and thanks again😊

Quick Reply

Latest