The Student Room Group

Can someone explain what UMS is?!

I know it's something to do with marks, but it isn't actually marks(??)
It's either just not a GCSE thing or I've lived under a rock (likely the latter). But I feel as if I ought to know what it is because most do, and yet I'm literally clueless. It's probably something really simple and I haven't picked up on it but hey ho
(Going into yr 12 in 2 days and worried this will be another thing I will be lost about)
Help ur girl out?
Original post by June_.
I know it's something to do with marks, but it isn't actually marks(??)
It's either just not a GCSE thing or I've lived under a rock (likely the latter). But I feel as if I ought to know what it is because most do, and yet I'm literally clueless. It's probably something really simple and I haven't picked up on it but hey ho
(Going into yr 12 in 2 days and worried this will be another thing I will be lost about)
Help ur girl out?

When A levels are modular UMS is a way of adjusting the marks from different modules so that they can be added together to work out an overall grade.

Most A levels aren’t modular anymore so UMS isn’t used.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
When A levels are modular UMS is a way of adjusting the marks from different modules so that they can be added together to work out an overall grade.

Most A levels aren’t modular anymore so UMS isn’t used.

oooooh okay, that makes sense. So that the marks match with the percentage of each module
Thankyou dude

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending