The Student Room Group

am i being rude ?

hi so my bf is at uni 3 hours away (driving) but 2 hours on train (which is what im doing)… and i asked him when would he like me to go. he said “dont ask me that because i dont want you to say no you can’t as that will hurt me and upset me so you need to tell me when you’re coming to see me”
i said “um yeah that’s fine but what if you say no to me too?” he said “i promise you i wont” but it’s not that, it’s just i think it should be a two way thing. yeah, i get that he’ll be upset and i understand that. it’s just i work and study also dog sit for my mum on weeksays and work in the evenings so i can only see him on weekends if i book saturday off or go saturday night to the sunday. so actually i’d most likely say yes to him on sundays and i really don’t know what to really think. i think it’s because it’s all so difficult and my anxiety isn’t coping even though it hasn’t been bad in ages.
but am i being selfish and rude? ive never actually been rude to him and we have never had an argument
Original post by Anonymous
hi so my bf is at uni 3 hours away (driving) but 2 hours on train (which is what im doing)… and i asked him when would he like me to go. he said “dont ask me that because i dont want you to say no you can’t as that will hurt me and upset me so you need to tell me when you’re coming to see me”
i said “um yeah that’s fine but what if you say no to me too?” he said “i promise you i wont” but it’s not that, it’s just i think it should be a two way thing. yeah, i get that he’ll be upset and i understand that. it’s just i work and study also dog sit for my mum on weeksays and work in the evenings so i can only see him on weekends if i book saturday off or go saturday night to the sunday. so actually i’d most likely say yes to him on sundays and i really don’t know what to really think. i think it’s because it’s all so difficult and my anxiety isn’t coping even though it hasn’t been bad in ages.
but am i being selfish and rude? ive never actually been rude to him and we have never had an argument

personally i dont think you are being rude, but perhaps explain why you are disheartened by this, and it seems you have a pretty busy schedule so seems hes accommodating to you
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
personally i dont think you are being rude, but perhaps explain why you are disheartened by this, and it seems you have a pretty busy schedule so seems hes accommodating to you

thamk you!! we have fixed it noww

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending