ThatCandorKing's Grow Your Grades Watch
Here's a list of my subjects and the grade I got at the end of year 10.
Reds = Below target, and not happy
Orange = Below target, don't mind
Green = At target and happy
Blue = At Aspirational
English Language | 5A | Target 7 | Aspirational 8
English Literature | 6A | Target 7 | Aspirational 8
Maths | 5B | Target 6 | Aspiration 7
Science Combined | 5B | Target 6 | Aspiration 7
Religious Studies | 4C | Target 6 | Aspiration 6
Computer Science | 6C | Target 6 | Aspiration 6
Business Studies | 4A | Target 6 | Aspiration 7
History | 5C | Target 6 | Aspiration 7
Photography | 6C | Target 6 | Aspiration 6
Hopefully I'll be updating this every Friday with test results and how much revision I've done per subject during that week. Hopefully, I'll be able to get 8 grade 6's and above. But that will depend on my work.
These are the current grades I'm working at:
English Language | 5A
English Literature | 6A
Maths | 5B
Science Combined | 5B
Religious Studies | 4C
Computer Science | 6C
Business Studies | 4A
History | 5B
Photography | 6C
This week I completed my final ten flashcards for my History exam on Conflict and Tension [1918-1939] and I have completed a maths exam paper which I wasn't happy with the results of. I got 16/60 which would equate to an e and 1 mark of a d [a 3] so as you can tell I am fuming. Need to work harder on maths revision.
Over the next week, I plan to revise more about computer science as I am expecting my marks back from the test we did on Thursday, and would like to complete 25 America flashcards.
Here's my weekly study plan:
Monday - Computer Science: The CPU & Exam questions on the CPU.
Tuesday - History - America flashcards
Wednesday - English Literature - Romeo and Juliet reading
Thursday - Chemistry: The Atom
Friday - Maths: Plans of shapes. America flashcards
Saturday - Romeo and Juliet reading
Sunday - Homework, Business Studies: Enterprise
Saturday 6th October: Computer Science Past Paper, Maths Revision on Surds.
Sunday 7th October: Normans homework, revision on B6 - DNA
Monday 8th October: Business revision (Unit 6: Finance), Normans revision.
Tuesday 9th October: Computer Science exam questions, Maths revision
Wednesday 10th October: 20 America Flashcards, go through Conflict flashcards.
Thursday 11th October: Maths revision, Biology Exam Q
Friday 12th October: Photography catch up work, Romeo & Juliet revision.
BONUS TASKS: (If I finish all my work before 7:30pm for a certain day and want to do further study, I can chose from the following)
- Create Physics flashcards on the 21 equations.
- Catch up business work.
- More America flashcards (I want to finish them by November)
- Religious Studies revision (Islam)
I took a couple of tests this week and got my grades back for my maths and english:
Maths, half paper  non-calculator, 21/45 which would roughly equate to a grade 6 according to my teacher.
Maths, half paper  calculator 25/46, which would roughly be a grade 7 which is an A on the old spec.
English Language, full paper 1, 58/80 which would be a grade 7 according to the grade boundaries from last year, my teacher wasn't exactly happy with the whole classes results but mine were fine. By the time we get our mocks back in December, I want to be getting 65 marks for paper 1.
STUDY PLAN FOR THE WEEKEND:
Saturday: || There would be more if I wasn't going book shopping. ||
Biology exam question in timed conditions on meiosis vs mitosis
History flashcards for America. I want to finish book one's flashcards by Monday's study period so then I can start book two's on Monday.
Some maths revision on basic trig as I seemed to struggle with labelling the sides of a triangle.
Sunday: || Four Tasks, No Choice ||
Poetry mindmaps for War Photographer and for Kamikaze.
Biology revision on B6 - DNA and Pummett Squares
Maths revision - Alegbraic Proof
Computer Science homework.
THE WEEKLY STUDY PLAN:
Monday: || Two Tasks, One Study Period ||
- Edit my photos from the Compositions and Viewpoints shoot so there is ten basic edits.
- Finish my analysis of David Benjamin Sherry and print it.
Tuesday || Revise, revise, revise ||
- Revise B6: Inherited Disorders
- Bayonet Charge Mindmap
- Piano for 30 minutes.
- Business Homework
Wednesday: || One Task, One Hour ||
- Make sure all annotations in my photography book are completed neatly and that all work is stuck in straight, present the screenshots on the second page after the edits.
Thursday: || Questions and Questions ||
- Business quick questions on my phone.
- Chemistry question on phone.
Friday: || Study Free ||
- Poppies mindmap
- Catch up for Charge of The Light Brigade and Exposure.
This week I got my business test back on unit 6, finance and was a little dissapointed with my results as I got 16/30 which was around 53% and a grade 5. But apart from that I have just decided to work a little bit harder during business lessons and at studying.
So here are my tasks for the weekend, some aren't related to studying but oh well, I should have a balanced weekend. They are in the order of priority aswell.
SATURDAY || First day of the weekend, get working ||
1. Chemistry homework, rates of reaction.
2. Computer Science homework, SQL
3. Catch up notes for Exposure and The Charge of The Light Brigade.
4. Some Romeo and Juliet revision on the character of nurse.
5. An Inspector Calls, quotes on Memrise.
10am - 12pm: Writing my historical fantasy novel.
1pm: WORK STARTS FOR TODAY,
7pm-7 Flashcards on America.
7:30pm - bed: Reading
SUNDAY || Core subjects ||
1. Physics mindmaps on energy stores.
2. Maths revision on Quadratic Formula.
3. Poetry mindmap for My Last Duchess.
4. Religious Studies mindmap on causes of war.
- Reading for at least one hour and thirty minutes.
- Writing for at least two hours.
- America flashcards for 25 minutes.
MONDAY || NEW WEEK, NEW PREPARATIONS ||
1. Photography homework (start edits at lunch and make sure they are printed!)
2. A poetry mindmap on Remains.
3. Any homework due up to Thursday.
TUESDAY || OPTIONS WORK ||
1. Business studies mindmap - supply chains.
2. Photography, presenting work and annotations.
3. Conflict and Tension reviewing flashcards.
4. Review America flashcards.
5. Computer Science exam questions.
WEDNESDAY || BIOLOGY, PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY ||
1. Exam questions for biology, (page 11 to page 15)
2. Exam questions for physics (page 167 to page 171)
3. Exam questions for chemistry (page 96 to page 100)
THURSDAY || Small tasks day ||
1. Business questions on page 24.
2. Physics questions on page 172.
3. History mindmap on THE ASCENSION CRISIS
Friday || A SCHOOL DAY OF REVISION AND WORK || WAKE UP AT 10 AND WORK UNTIL 2||
1. Finish America flashcards for book 1
2. Finish poetry mindmaps
3. History mindmap on THE AMERICAN CIVIL WAR
4. Maths revision on Algebraic Fractions.
5. Theme mindmaps on class in An Inspector Calls.
Today, I worked on getting the majority of my America flashcards done and not much else, but the plan for the rest of the week is to get at least two things done a day, so I haven't wasted this holiday.
Tasks ordered in priority.
ALL WEEK TASKS:
1. Finish America flashcards by November.
2. Start Health flashcards and get all of the middle ages work done.
1. Chemistry Self-Quizzing Slot #2
2. English Homework, Poetry introductions.
3. Mathswatch on Fractional Indices
4. Reading Chapter 1 of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
1. Retype analysis for photography and print it out and present after this black book work is done!
2. Crime revision for Religious Studies.
3. Business Revision on Chain of Production
4. Reading Chapter 2 + 3 of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
1. Computer Science Homework
2. Chemistry Self-Quizzing Slot #3
3. Poetry mindmap on Charge of The Light Brigade
1. Poetry mindmap on Exposure.
2. Mathswatch on Algebraically Simultateonously Equations
3. Memrise quotes for An Inspector Calls
4. Electromagnetism self-quizzing
1. Photography homework
2. Memrise quotes for Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.
3. Electromagnetism self-quizzing #2
4. Infection and Response self-quizzing
FRIDAY || STUDY DAY TASKS COMING SOON ||