The Student Room Group

Law or Geography?

For quite a while I've said I want to do Law at university, but having been around universities and looked into the courses, I haven't really been that excited about it. However, I do Geography at the moment and love it, and when looking at the courses have been fairly excited about it.

I've considered Law for this entire time, but now I'm thinking it would be better to do Geography but I only have till October to create a whole new personal statement. What should I choose?
Original post by Michelle08
For quite a while I've said I want to do Law at university, but having been around universities and looked into the courses, I haven't really been that excited about it. However, I do Geography at the moment and love it, and when looking at the courses have been fairly excited about it.

I've considered Law for this entire time, but now I'm thinking it would be better to do Geography but I only have till October to create a whole new personal statement. What should I choose?

Are you planning on applying to Oxbridge? If so, geography will be a bit less competitive than law, if that is a factor you want to take into account.

Maybe write a personal statement for both- this may help focus your mind on which one you really want to do.

Have you thought about what you might do after a geography degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending