The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't really do pride.

In any case, I'm not sure that I've ever done anything that remarkable.
Original post by Toriel
Russia and yeah, I do have family members there but they live on a completely other end of the country from where I went(Moscow+St Petersburg, they live in Bolshoy Kamen). :u: Fortunately I had some friends who I was able to stay with!

ok now thats brave as hell!
Original post by gjd800
I don't really do pride.

its more of a feeling good and positive about yourself/achievements. pride doesnt always have to be negative
Original post by Secretnerd123
I dont want to get all soppy on here but im so damn proud of myself for graduating university this summer and getting into my pgce. only God knows how much i went through to even get my 2.1 (depression, anxiety etc.). university was especially tough for me as I had so many inner battles and felt so alone and due to this my attendance was horrendous first and second year (I got threatened to get kicked off numerous times and was extremely close to not getting obtaining my full degree)but I DID IT!!!! oncr I graduated, I got rejected from the uni I wanted to do my teacher training at (because I failed a certain exam) but I revised and retook the exam privately again a week later and got into an amazing teacher training place (even better than the one that rejected me). This all happened this year/this summer and top of that, I was still heartbroken over a toxic relationship I ended (he was my first love so Im so proud of myself for leaving despite how hard it was). I am also taking care of my siblings as my mum is away. juggling everything had been difficult but its taught me how strong of a woman I am!!! and that God is all powerful.

Im so proud of myself and thats my biggest accomplishment so far ❤️ whats yours?

thanks for coming to my ted talk lol

I'm really academically focused rn so it has to be recovering from having an E in Chemistry in december to A* in my end of years, thus A* prediction. Also D in FM in december and working my way up to an A* prediction.
My ego and self-confidence was absolutely shattered when I got the E and D respectively. Now I'm back on the grind and fully confident.

I see the change in my mental health, which took months, as my greatest accomplishment. :smile:
Original post by Secretnerd123
its more of a feeling good and positive about yourself/achievements. pride doesnt always have to be negative

Quite. My answer remains the same.
Original post by SomMC1
I'm really academically focused rn so it has to be recovering from having an E in Chemistry in december to A* in my end of years, thus A* prediction. Also D in FM in december and working my way up to an A* prediction.
My ego and self-confidence was absolutely shattered when I got the E and D respectively. Now I'm back on the grind and fully confident.

I see the change in my mental health, which took months, as my greatest accomplishment. :smile:

thats amazing!! but please dont tie your self confidence to your grades. youre so much more than that
Original post by CTLeafez
I probably was at my peak fitness back then tbf 😂 Uni has taken over now so not quite as fit anymore... :tongue:

Planning to start training and do it again one day.

Nope, it wasn't for charity. I did it with my Cadet Squadron (ATC) as a challenge to myself. I'm quite Academic so I wanted to show I'm also sporty/active when I have the drive.

how did it feel after you completed it?
Original post by gjd800
I don't really do pride.

too humble sir, aren't you writing your PhD thesis?
Original post by marupe

I feel like most of us really undermine our achievements. no more of that for me anymore
Original post by marupe

Just finished it! But that's not so spectacular and I'm not sure it's worth being 'proud' of. It's just a thing I've done, yknow.
Original post by gjd800
Just finished it! But that's not so spectacular and I'm not sure it's worth being 'proud' of. It's just a thing I've done, yknow.

It's a significant achievement regardless of whether you're proud of it or not :tongue: You will soon be Dr Gjd800!
Original post by marupe
It's a significant achievement regardless of whether you're proud of it or not :tongue: You will soon be Dr Gjd800!

Well, that's nice of you to say.

I hope so, anyway!
Original post by gjd800

its very significant. I would tell everyone and their mother if I had a phD
Original post by UWS
I made a pot noodle without burning the house down.

thats a funny post uws can see why u got the much acclimated 2016 funniest member award
Original post by gjd800

am proud of u my man am proud
Being one of only 3 singers to make into a prestigious music course. I beat over 100 people to get into that course. The biggest and best shock of my life :redface:
Original post by Rum Ham
Being one of only 3 singers to make into a prestigious music course. I beat over 100 people to get into that course. The biggest and best shock of my life :redface:

wow do you have any covers on youtube?
I can't really think of anything in particular tbh , hopefully soon if all goes to plan
Original post by TSR Mustafa
I can't really think of anything in particular tbh , hopefully soon if all goes to plan

wishing you the best of luck
bump. inspire me guys

Latest