The Student Room Group

What course? HELP

Hi,
I am a bit confused with what to do in university I got 2A*s 4As 4Bs and a C in my GCSEs, right now I am doing Spanish (I am native, so I should get an A*,) Art (B) French (A) and business which I got an A at AS so I should get at least an A in A2.

I also did and extended project on the Spanish crisis getting a grade A. Plus I also do maths outside school.
Original post by sofiaballesteros
Hi,
I am a bit confused with what to do in university I got 2A*s 4As 4Bs and a C in my GCSEs, right now I am doing Spanish (I am native, so I should get an A*,) Art (B) French (A) and business which I got an A at AS so I should get at least an A in A2.

I also did and extended project on the Spanish crisis getting a grade A. Plus I also do maths outside school.

Are there any of your subjects that you find yourself working on/reading about in your own time? Or any topics/subjects that you aren't able to study at the moment that you like to stay up to date or find out more about?
Original post by PQ
Are there any of your subjects that you find yourself working on/reading about in your own time? Or any topics/subjects that you aren't able to study at the moment that you like to stay up to date or find out more about?

I really like economics and business but not really maths. I am very interested in entrepreneurship, people, marketing
I really like economics and business but not really maths. I am very interested in entrepreneurship, people, marketing

Have you been to many open days? Get booked on to a bunch of the autumn open days for big universities near you and go along to all their business, management, economics and marketing talks to find out more about the sorts of courses available in those areas.
If you're interested in people then something like HRM might be worth looking into.

Hi there, :wavey:

I am Rebecca, a current Marketing Management Student at Lancaster University.

You seem to have a lot of possible options to study at University which is a fantastic position to be in! I agree with the previous posts on this thread as University Open Days were a fantastic way for me to get a feel for the University and courses and talk to current students.

You don't necessarily have to choose one direction to study yet. Here at Lancaster University we offer a minor system which allows you to study additional modules from subjects different to that of your major. You can find out more about our flexible study here: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/teaching-and-learning/flexible-study/. For example, should you choose to study Marketing Management ( I am really enjoying this course and would thoroughly recommend), you could opt to study a module in Economics, Entrepreneurship, Business or Organisation, Work & Technology (which is a multi-disciplinary department, drawing primarily on the disciplines of social psychology, sociology and philosophy) to name a few.

We have lots of degree schemes within LUMS (Lancaster University Management School) so I would recommend checking out our website if this is something of interest to you. http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lums/

If you have any specific questions about studying at Lancaster University then please get in touch and I would love to help! :smile:

Good luck with your current studies,

Rebecca

LUMS Student Ambassador
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest