The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Genetics and Multiomics Interview

What kind of stuff do they ask, how hard is the interview, has anyone else had an interview for this course yet and how did it go etc...?
Original post by samsmith909090
What kind of stuff do they ask, how hard is the interview, has anyone else had an interview for this course yet and how did it go etc...?

I interviewed and it was pretty laid back. They aren't looking to test you, they just want to get an understanding of why you want to do this program and where your interests/ passions lie. Also for you to ask questions and better understand if this is something you'd like to pursue. good luck :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
How did it go? What did they ask you?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I interviewed and it was pretty laid back. They aren't looking to test you, they just want to get an understanding of why you want to do this program and where your interests/ passions lie. Also for you to ask questions and better understand if this is something you'd like to pursue. good luck :smile:

Hi, congrats on getting an interview! I just have a few questions, I hope you don't mind, but how long was it between sending your application and getting the interview? Also, how did you find writing the personal statement? I really want to apply but I'm struggling quite a bit with getting a personal statement down as I'm not sure how to get what I'm thinking down into actual coherent sentences. Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by samsmith909090

hi did you get an interview? If you did, congratulations! Hope it goes well :smile:
I was just wondering if you can please give me some advice/help with the personal statement as I am struggling quite a lot with it and I'm not entirely sure how to get everything I want to say down. What kind of stuff did you talk about it in yours and how did you go about writing it? Any help would be amazing, thank you!
Reply 5
Original post by forwhy
hi did you get an interview? If you did, congratulations! Hope it goes well :smile:
I was just wondering if you can please give me some advice/help with the personal statement as I am struggling quite a lot with it and I'm not entirely sure how to get everything I want to say down. What kind of stuff did you talk about it in yours and how did you go about writing it? Any help would be amazing, thank you!

Hi,

I have also completed the interview process.I would say talk about how the course would guide you to your future career prospects. How your university modules and experiences would help you with the course. Any publications or dissertation relating to the modules? Anything you have read that interested you to take this course. As a general guide what interests you to this specific course. 🙂

Hope that helps!
Reply 6
Original post by mdebi
Hi,
I have also completed the interview process.I would say talk about how the course would guide you to your future career prospects. How your university modules and experiences would help you with the course. Any publications or dissertation relating to the modules? Anything you have read that interested you to take this course. As a general guide what interests you to this specific course. 🙂
Hope that helps!

Hi,
Congratulations! How was the interview? What kind of stuff did they ask you? Is the interview more of a formality at that point?
Thank you for the advice! I've actually been out of uni for a while so I'm struggling with discussing my undergrad modules, especially since I didn't do many modules related to the course. How much did you write about your modules vs things you've read that interested you? Did you mention really specific things or was it more of a general interest in genetics/bioinformatics? Any specifics would help, I appreciate this is a lot of questions so thank you for your help! And good luck!!
Hey, has anyone received an offer and are they thinking of accepting?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, has anyone received an offer and are they thinking of accepting?

Hii, yes I have accepted mine! Have you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending