The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Every time there’s a post on here I have a mini heart attack haha
Original post by WinterDucky
Every time there’s a post on here I have a mini heart attack haha

Me too hahaha, but part of me wants to keep talking with people who are in the same boat while we wait
Original post by Ellios
Me too hahaha, but part of me wants to keep talking with people who are in the same boat while we wait

There’s definitely something comforting about it
Reply 583
Original post by Ellios

Original post by SPhilip
There’s definitely something comforting about it

I agree, it’s soothing talking to people that you know are feeling the same way. It’s so difficult in ‘real’ life because nobody has any inkling of the enormity of this whole process!
Original post by BethyO
I agree, it’s soothing talking to people that you know are feeling the same way. It’s so difficult in ‘real’ life because nobody has any inkling of the enormity of this whole process!

Not just enormity but also the emotional strain this process has in you - it can really break some people
Have people given up hope of hearing this week?
Reply 586
Original post by SPhilip
Not just enormity but also the emotional strain this process has in you - it can really break some people

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant (I didn't really use the right word lol)!

I have found this whole process SO emotionally intense and draining, to the point where I was seriously doubting whether I could face going through it again (luckily I don't have to). Seriously don't know how people do it for like 3/4/5 years straight; they must literally live their lives under a constant high level of stress and that cannot be good for your mental or physical health!!
Reply 587
Original post by robertejames
Have people given up hope of hearing this week?

I guess that would depend on which days of the week people heard back in previous years, I kind of imagine decisions would be a start of the week thing, to allow for all the follow up communication asap
Reply 588
Does anyone know what day of the week people started hearing back last year?
Original post by Mdow85
Does anyone know what day of the week people started hearing back last year?

I just looked and think it was Monday 😭
Reply 590
so I got a reply to my email about something else, and they added at the end 'The GEP outcomes should be announced in the next couple of weeks so you will hear from us soon.'
so next week earliest?
Original post by ge-med
so I got a reply to my email about something else, and they added at the end 'The GEP outcomes should be announced in the next couple of weeks so you will hear from us soon.'
so next week earliest?

I feel like it's been "the next couple of weeks" for a month now...
Original post by Ellios
I feel like it's been "the next couple of weeks" for a month now...

Yep, starting to feel a bit like the Warwick thread
I’m gonna gonna guess that means first week of March then...?
Original post by gem-101
I’m gonna gonna guess that means first week of March then...?

I'm still hopeful for next week, they seemed pretty convincing with the "before march" thing
Original post by Ellios
I'm still hopeful for next week, they seemed pretty convincing with the "before march" thing

Last year it was the last Monday of February, so hopefully the start of next week!
Original post by robertejames
Last year it was the last Monday of February, so hopefully the start of next week!

I really hope so, not sure how much more of this I can take :banghead:

Maybe it's all a big test and we're being monitored by the admissions team to see how we deal with stress :ms:
Reply 597
Original post by Ellios
I really hope so, not sure how much more of this I can take :banghead:

Maybe it's all a big test and we're being monitored by the admissions team to see how we deal with stress :ms:

Me neither:frown:
At least there’s no prankster in this thread shouting ‘OFFER’ every five minutes! That stressed me out massively in the Warwick thread🤣
Original post by BethyO
Me neither:frown:
At least there’s no prankster in this thread shouting ‘OFFER’ every five minutes! That stressed me out massively in the Warwick thread🤣

OFFER :wink:

Sorry couldn’t miss that opportunity ... but agree it gives me anxiety when I see people post it
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by SPhilip
OFFER :wink:

Sorry couldn’t miss that opportunity ... but agree it gives me anxiety when I see people post it

I knew that was coming and it still shook me when I saw it hahaha

Latest

Trending

Trending