The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SPhilip
Only 10 on tsr said they got offers then - I feel like there would be more on here ... maybe that’s just me grasping at any hope possible x

About a third of interviewees get offers, and there's about 30 people on the spread sheet, so 10 offers matches perfectly. (sorry to be doom and gloom...)
Reply 781
Original post by SPhilip
Only 10 on tsr said they got offers then - I feel like there would be more on here ... maybe that’s just me grasping at any hope possible x

Original post by Dr Otter
Same. Been looking at the offer-to-rejection ratios on all the other high applicant unis (E.g. Newcastle, Warwick) and Barts so far looks too off trend for them to be done

Hate to be the bearer of the bad news, but when looking at a sample number of how many individuals get offers from interviews, and then passing that on to TSR sample numbers, it doesn't look too bright. (Calculated here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nVuxe_4KAaTXR94o4a5y3HcazWvPvQ-GwycmY9G6IZE/edit#gid=1979148990 )

As a counter to my own point though, TSR users are usually above average, especially when looking at UKCAT scores. My calculation would also suggest that at least one more spot may be possible.

Good luck, regardless. My heart does go out to you all.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by jzdzm
About a third of interviewees get offers, and there's about 30 people on the spread sheet, so 10 offers matches perfectly. (sorry to be doom and gloom...)

Actually yea you’re right :frown:
Original post by 548
Hate to be the bearer of the bad news, but when looking at a sample number of how many individuals get offers from interviews, and then passing that on to TSR sample numbers, it doesn't look too bright. (Calculated here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nVuxe_4KAaTXR94o4a5y3HcazWvPvQ-GwycmY9G6IZE/edit#gid=1979148990 )

As a counter to my own point though, TSR users are usually above average, especially when looking at UKCAT scores. My calculation would also suggest that at least one more spot may be possible.

Good luck, regardless.

Tbh I definitely see where you’re coming from ! Makes sense unfortunately
Original post by 548
My calculation would also suggest that at least one more spot may be possible.

Let the first annual TSR Hunger Games begin :wink:
Radio silence for me too.. maybe us left are waiting list?
Anyone know what the actual chances of getting a place off the back of waiting list are? I assume very slim
Original post by Ellios
Anyone know what the actual chances of getting a place off the back of waiting list are? I assume very slim

I think unfortunately I read it’s never been used... I might be wrong. I’m absolutely gutted
Original post by robertejames
I think unfortunately I read it’s never been used... I might be wrong. I’m absolutely gutted

:frown:
Original post by Ellios

I posted something about 15 pages back (Cant be bothered to look). I think it was for the 2014 and 2015 cycles where they said noone on the waitlist had been admitted
Reply 790
Rejection through Track. Good luck everyone else

I remember you also got an offer for Kings undergrad, will you firm that if you’re unsuccessful with Barts?
Ah congrats! I've actually had a discussion with a number of people and I'm swaying ever closer to just firming QMUL. Apparently the teaching at KCL and scheduling is not the best. When you compare the two on the league tables, student satisfaction, response rate etc is way better at QMUL.
Original post by medbabe
Congratulations all! And fingers crossed for those who haven't heard yet. I'm in the same position deciding between Kings grad and Barts grad. Would welcome any help..
Just reading through last years thread and the people who got rejected straight after offers came out got a waitlist email the next day and everyone else was just straight rejection unfortunately :/
Original post by WinterDucky
Just reading through last years thread and the people who got rejected straight after offers came out got a waitlist email the next day and everyone else was just straight rejection unfortunately :/

Damn, I thought the interview went okay I must’ve done far worse than I thought😂 I wonder if/when we can get feedback
Original post by Kentbiomedic
I remember you also got an offer for Kings undergrad, will you firm that if you’re unsuccessful with Barts?

I'm still waiting on the barts undergrad course. Am i right in thinking you are too? Are you going to firm Kings if unsuccessful for the grad course?
I'm still waiting on the barts undergrad course. Am i right in thinking you are too? Are you going to firm Kings if unsuccessful for the grad course?

Yeah still waiting for Barts undergrad too but I will probs withdraw and firm Kings once I’ve got my GEM rejection!
Yeah still waiting for Barts undergrad too but I will probs withdraw and firm Kings once I’ve got my GEM rejection!

Yeah it's not looking hopeful for us now... :frown: Out of interest why the preference for Kings over Barts for undergrad?
Yeah it's not looking hopeful for us now... :frown: Out of interest why the preference for Kings over Barts for undergrad?

Combination of things really, I like that about a third of the Kings undergrad cohort are grads so I wouldn’t be the only older one, the new curriculum (not a big fan of PBL that Barts undergrad use), location, the partnered teaching hospitals :smile: ofc I may not get into Barts undergrad so I might not even have to make that choice 😂
Combination of things really, I like that about a third of the Kings undergrad cohort are grads so I wouldn’t be the only older one, the new curriculum (not a big fan of PBL that Barts undergrad use), location, the partnered teaching hospitals :smile: ofc I may not get into Barts undergrad so I might not even have to make that choice 😂

Hahah im literally in the same position as you and will also firm kings undergrad

Latest

Trending

Trending