The Student Room Group

problems and more problems

So basically, I studied for one year at one uni (didn't manage to pass to second year 😔)

I'm now at a different uni starting a three year degree again! I however don't particularly like the uni I'll be going to now (I know it's a dumb reason you're probably asking why I applied there if I don't like it 🙄) I didn't have enough credits to apply to my other chosen uni!

I wanted to transfer to my chosen uni after completing the year at this current uni (to second year) Just wondering what kind of troubles would I face if I did this? Would student finance potentially raise problems or not.

Any advice would be very helpful! Thank You!!
Original post by dilannn
So basically, I studied for one year at one uni (didn't manage to pass to second year 😔)

I'm now at a different uni starting a three year degree again! I however don't particularly like the uni I'll be going to now (I know it's a dumb reason you're probably asking why I applied there if I don't like it 🙄) I didn't have enough credits to apply to my other chosen uni!

I wanted to transfer to my chosen uni after completing the year at this current uni (to second year) Just wondering what kind of troubles would I face if I did this? Would student finance potentially raise problems or not.

Any advice would be very helpful! Thank You!!
What kind of troubles? You may find it difficult being in classes with students who might broadly know each other already, and you come into it new.

Student Finance shouldn't be too difficult provided the university you transfer to does their end of the paperwork and tells the Student Loans Company that you're enrolled there. Your maintenance loan wouldn't really change to my knowledge.
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
What kind of troubles? You may find it difficult being in classes with students who might broadly know each other already, and you come into it new.

Student Finance shouldn't be too difficult provided the university you transfer to does their end of the paperwork and tells the Student Loans Company that you're enrolled there. Your maintenance loan wouldn't really change to my knowledge.

Thank you so much for the help!
I was just worried about any troubles happening with student finance since I've heard a few horror stories! I'll see how this year turns out and work to transfer into second year at my preferred university.
Original post by dilannn
Thank you so much for the help!
I was just worried about any troubles happening with student finance since I've heard a few horror stories! I'll see how this year turns out and work to transfer into second year at my preferred university.
If you're unsure then spending this year considering things is a wise move in my opinion. You never know, you could fall in love with the uni after a few months.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending